play station 3 bios error Date gets reset
  • Ok here is wat happened one day i noticed my ps3 had a lot of dust in it so i figured i shud service it. I opened itvery carefully and dissambelled it ( just like i had doen numrus times before) there ws a lot of dust in it so i completely dissambeled i it an air blower to get rid of the dust. Then i assembelled it again and powered . this is the errors i noticed

1) controllers wouldnot work wirelessly woudl work with usb cable
    2) wireless and wired lan was not working
    3) date would reset every time i completely discconnected my ps3 frm power

I guessed that i must have forgot to connect the bios cell on the motherboard so the ps3 is having the problems

so again i disassembelled my ps3 and noticed that the motherboard cell was attached but still i removed and reconnected the cell woire to the mtoehrboard. this is what happened

1) the controllers ARE WORKIGN FINE NO
    2) THE LAN CARD WIRELESS AND WIRED ARE WORKIGN FIEN NOW

3) BUT THE DATE STILL GETS RESETED EVERYTIME I UNPLUG MY PS3 FRM POWER

i HAVE TRIED EVERYTHIGN I CAN BUT STILL THE PROBLEM REMAINSAND IS REALLY ANNOYIGN AN DI FEAR THE PROBLEM MIGHT GET BIGGER ONCEANOTHER FIRMWARE UPDATE COMES BECAUSE THAT USSES THEBIOS AND CMOS.

aNY ADVICE WILLBE GREATLY APPRECIATED PLS HELP ME OUT SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH AN ANSWER AT

[email]arif.q2@gmail.com[/email]
    [email]arif_q2@hotmail.com[/email]

Thanx
  • And here, ladies and gents (sort out who's who amongst yourselves), is why one should not go mucking around inside the PS3 without knowing what everything does.

Vandan, all you really needed to do to get the dust out is use the vacuum hose on the vents. Doing what you have done had fully voided whatever warranty you had at the time.

As for why the date keeps resetting, maybe there is a power source on the board that you have a loose connection on.