• I have a PSP with a fault where it will not turn on, nor does the light come on when the charger is plugged in. I've been able to test the charger and that seems to be working fine But I have not been able to test the battery, or the console with a known working+charged battery. Have you heard of any cases like this or have any idea how to fix it?
  • Good to see you are trying out all possibilities here. I would definitely see about borrowing a battery from some one to try it in your PSP. It is possible that your unit may have a defective battery or perhaps something wrong within the PSP itself. If that is the case you would need to contact Sony about repairs- do you have any warranty left on that?
  • You see, that would be the first thing I want to try, it seems like the next logical step for testing. But unfortunately I don't know anyone locally that has one, so no luck there yet.

The warranty sticker is intact, but I'm pretty sure I can't claim on it because I don't really know the history of it. My brother's friend gave it too him saying the only thing wrong was that he lost the charger, and never really used it anyway. So it is a little difficult. It looks in fair shape, little to no use, few very minor scratches. No cracks or evidence of being dropped.

Really I'm just trying to figure out what it could possibly be and try to check everything, since it seems like a waste to just go out and buy stuff for it with no idea if it works.
  • One thing I am noticing as I look around is conflicting statements of if the PSP should turn on with no battery when connected to the power supply? If I knew that for sure, I might be able to make a clearer assessment of the situation.