3. Valve Corporation
    4. id Software
    5. THQ
  • 1. Square-Enix
    2. Epic
    3. Midway
    4. Bungie
    5. ea sports
  • I'm not a fan of fantasy/fantasy action genres, so I don't like Square-Enix.

Epic Games are great with the Gears of War and Unreal Tournament series but I wouldn't call them top 5 worthy. I'm not a big fan of Midway either other than the Mortal Kombat series.

Bungie? Halo is overrated. Or did you put Bungie because of the Myth series, Marathon series and Oni?

EA Sports... well, I put EA as a whole.
  • I'll be making my top 5 rather impartial.

1. Nintendo- say what you will, if they didn't introduce the NES/ Famicom back in 1984 we may not have even see the PlayStation series of consoles.

2. Square Enix- I'm no RPG fan either but they do them best.

3. Capcom- makers of the Street Fighter series, Mega Man, Strider, Bionic Commando, etc. . many of the series gamers know and love come from this company.

4. Konami- Metal Gear Solid series. Nothing more need be said.

5. EA- While some of their products seem like the same thing year after year (looking your way Madden) you can't deny they have come out with some great games like Dead Space, the Burnout series, Need for Speed series (last two games notwithstanding) and many others.
  • Yeah, the NES is arguably the most influential console ever. And Nintendo is doing a wonderful job with the Super Mario series.
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    1. Square-Enix
    2. Epic
    3. Midway
    4. Bungie
    5. ea sports

sounds about right :p