Online Game Chat Problem Mystery Of All Time - Quantum Solace
  • Hello,

I have one big issue here and for the life of me I am having the hardest time figuring this problem out. I will detail them below by numbers what actions I have done to try and solve this maybe one of you have a idea or solution.

Problem:
    When going online to Quantum Solace I can hear all people talk but sometimes cannot talk back and sometimes I can. However my brother-n-law literally 10 feet from my door is his house right next door. Same ISP same IP block and same router from the ISP I am on. Same game same connections same everything. But his always works he can hear and talk on this game online any time he goes on no issues.

OK what we have done so far I have tested my consoles at his house never have an issue everything works. My house I have tried both consoles both work at spurts never consistently.

However like right now I have the 60GIG on and the Mic does not respond back online it does work when I test the Mic under accessory settings never fails in this section only fails in multi-player.

So if I take this 60gig and replace it with the 160gig the Mic then comes on in multi-player and will work until I turn the PS3 completely off. Then if I turn it back on it does not work so then I have to change the PS3 back to the 60GIG to talk again. I have tried 2 blooth tooth's and a wired headset as explained below.

I have tested every game I have that has online compatibility which is 7 total out of 27 games they all work fine only troubles i am having is with Quantum Solace which makes this freaking weird. The actions taken are what I have done so far in the past 5 days messing with this

I have tried direct modem connection and router both and get same results

I have tried surge protection and without surge protection still same results.

I have bought a brand new modem Linksys to got rid of ISP modem still same results.

I bought all new wiring HDMI cables, Ethernet cables everything is brand new wire wise

Actions Taken:

1. ISP contacted they tested everything they could with modem connected directly to the PS3 (No Router Whatsoever), they are only blocking 4 ports 139,445,521,127 they are saying it is not coming from their end and no ports I have found on the internet is blocked by the ISP, even after I explained that my brother-n-law is on same IP block and router I am from them they tested and they said no difference from his IP to my except the actual ip address no signs of red line I assume means no troubles from my modem neither their modem or the new one I just bought.

2. I have contacted Activision absolutely no help there

So I am not sure what to do but to bust both consoles and call it a day.

Details of hardware are below hopefully that will give insight what I am using.

Number of Consoles:

Console Types:
    60GIG original PS3 2 years old - Sometimes works online with this game
    160GIG Brand new One Day Old - Same as above sometimes yes and sometimes now.
    40GIG (brother-n-laws) Works if changed out after shutdown same as the two above.

HeadSet Connection Types:
    Wired Head Set Universal Logitech
    Motorola Blue tooth
    Metal Gear Solid Blue tooth

Internet Connection:
    Cable

Tried connection with Linksys router
    Tried connection with Dlink Router
    Tried direct modem connection (no router) All same exact results I have to switch out consoles to make this online chat thing work with this one game.

If anyone in this forum can help me figure this out and once confirmed fixed I will donate to this forum just for the help thats how serious I am money is no issue I just need this working as the game is extremely boring when I cannot communicate back.

Thank you in advance and I pray someone can help me fix this.

Best Wishes.
  • When connecting through a router the PS3 needs certain ports to be open for use of headsets:

* TCP Port: 80
    * UDP Ports: 6000 - 7000, 50000, 10070

With those open go into the accessory settings on the PS3 and make sure you have your headset as the input and output- if necessary, try re-pairing the headset with the PS3.
  • Hello,

Thanks for the reply. But as I mentioned before the router is not in place the PS3 is directly connected to the modem without any router whatsoever.

Also even if the router is connected it does the same thing. We have the PS3 in te DMZ on the router we also tried another router in the DMZ zone but still same results.

It does it with or with or without a router.

The mystery part we want to know is this section

if I take this 60gig and replace it with the 160gig the Mic then comes on in multi-player and will work until I turn the PS3 completely off. Then if I turn it back on it does not work so then I have to change the PS3 back to the 60GIG to talk again. I have tried 2 blooth tooth's and a wired headset as explained below.

Why does it work with one and will continue to work until we shut it off. Then when we turn it back on it does not work and we have to switch out consoles to make it work again.
  • Are we talking an entire system swap here or just the hard drive?
  • We actually switched out the complete system 60gig vs 160gig but I think it maybe a corrupted version file. it works as long as I keep it on if I turn it off it seems the update corrupts and I have to delete it then reupdate then play with mics.

Hopefully activision will fix it with next update