• I have a first gen. PS2, (the ones with the disc eye adjustment wheel) and every time I put a game in, it never reads automatically, I have to select browser, and open and close the disc tray 10-50 times to get the disc to read. It'll say "reading disc" for about two seconds and stop, so I keep opening and closing, until it keeps flashing "reading disc". This is not a disc problem, it does this with all of my 13 games. I'f you could please give me some tips on how to fix this I would be gratefull. Oh and I have some electronic knoledge, and would like not to send this to any shop,(I voided the warrenty long ago anyways) I would like to fix this myself. Thank you for any info you have-s1nn3rr
  • At this point the only fix would be to replace the disc drive itself, it is on its absolute last leg. If you think you're p to it a google search for PS2 parts will turn up a site that sells them. Honestly, though, I'd just trash it and pick up a new slim system instead if not interested in upping to a PS3 just yet.