Help with PS2 Slim Network Error (-603)
  • ok here we go i bought a TP-LINK router spent lot of money on it to only play ONLINE GAMES in pS2 and guess what got an NEtwork Error in DNas (-603)
    i brought here some images and details so please help me!.

Router:TP-LINk Wireless Router TL-WR641G

Main router setting:

WAN setting:

Wireless MAC Address Filtering:

DHCP Settings:

Virtual Servers: Clean therese bottuns to add NEW and stuff

Port Triggering : Clean Theres bottuns to add New and stuff

DMZ:

UPnP:

FireWall:

IP Address Filtering

Domain Filtering

Firewall Settings (You can change it on Firewall page)
    Enable Firewall: Disabled
    Enable Domain Filtering: Disabled

MAC Address Filtering

Firewall Settings (You can change it on Firewall page)
    Enable Firewall: Disabled
    Enable MAC Address Filtering: Disabled
    Default Filtering Rules: Deny these PCs with enabled rules to access the Internet

Thats it if u need more things so tell me i gave what i can
  • First thing you will want to find is your PS2's MAC Address. By looking at the system settings on the PS2 you'll find it. With this in hand first go into the Mac Filtering and add the PS2's MAC Address to this list (click the Add New button), making sure the Allowed button is highlighted.

From here next go into the Address Reservation just below the DHCP Clients List on the menu. You can reserve a specific IP address for the PS2 in here using the MAC Address as well. Finally, go into Forwarding and open the ports that Sony uses for online play (listed in the PS3 Console section in the pinned thread).

Finally, go to the Status page and note some of the information here (subnet mask, router ip, dns server addresses) and add this information to your PS2's connection settings along with the IP address you reserved. This should smooth out geting online.
  • ok i read all what u said and i started the part one and guess what i found it
    on when i maked my account the MAC adress i tryied to add it on the TP-LINK MAC adress and he says : Bad Mac Adress, please input another one

what should i do?

EDIT
    ok i think i make it cuase on the ps2 the mac adress was with xx:xx: with :
    and i should do with - like 00-00- its k right?
  • ok thanks u i got the port from ur topic
    TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, 10070, and 50100

is it right? ok

and i didnt get ur 2nd part what should i do here
    From here next go into the Address Reservation just below the DHCP Clients List on the menu. You can reserve a specific IP address for the PS2 in here using the MAC Address as well

Roter settings and please help me i didnt did ur 2nd part so i couldnt get in online yet
    Router Status

Firmware Version: 3.7.2 Build 071123 Rel.38867n
    Hardware Version: WR641G/642G v3 081520C2

LAN
    MAC Address: 00-23-CD-C1-BC-0A
    IP Address: 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Wireless
    Wireless Radio: Enabled
    Name (SSID): TP-LINK
    Channel: 6
    Mode: 108Mbps (Dynamic)
    MAC Address: 00-23-CD-C1-BC-0A
    IP Address: 192.168.1.1

WAN
    MAC Address: 00-23-CD-C1-BC-0B
    IP Address: 172.26.51.5 Dynamic IP
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.224.0
    Default Gateway: 172.26.32.1
    DNS Server: 192.168.101.101 , 192.168.101.102

Traffic Statistics
    Received Sent
    Bytes: 1507297279 77924556
    Packets: 1173816 730096

System Up Time: 0 day(s) 08:43:13

LAST EDIT IMPORTENT
    k didnt get what u said up in here cuase u say put in ps2 so where should i do it
    before u read in Adress Reservation i puted the ip 192.168.1.10 is it ok? yjr port i got from ur topic ad i said.
    and didt got when u say put in ps2 so where thanks u and please help me :)
    From here next go into the Address Reservation just below the DHCP Clients List on the menu. You can reserve a specific IP address for the PS2 in here using the MAC Address as well. Finally, go into Forwarding and open the ports that Sony uses for online play (listed in the PS3 Console section in the pinned thread).

Finally, go to the Status page and note some of the information here (subnet mask, router ip, dns server addresses) and add this information to your PS2's connection settings along with the IP address you reserved. This should smooth out geting online.
  • Yes, most routers use dashes between the MAC Address segments or have separate blanks for each part. If it's all in one blank with yours try with dashes.

Now, look in the menu along the left side of the router set up- just below DHCP Clients List you will see "Address Reservation". This is where you go to reserve a specific IP address for your PS2 using the MAC Address from it.
  • ok i put in the Adress reservatuib the ip 192.168.1.10
    in the mac same i got in the PS2 settings
    now what should i do?
  • ok I Think I Make It Well Dude Now I Got Problem -612
  • That is a common error usually from the DNS addresses not quite matching up. make sure you have the primary and secondary DNS addresses in the PS2's connection settings the same as what you see in the router settings.
  • yeah this is right there in router settings and nothing...
    using the 192.168.1.101 and the second 102
    its in router settings and ps2
    and still 612
  • please help me im lost
  • thats what i wrote in the settings before the DNS part
    IP Address: 172.26.51.5
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.224.0
    Default Gateway: 172.26.32.1

and the DNS part im using Manuel and putting that ip
    seconds
  • For IP address you should be putting in the address you reserved for the PS2 (the 192.168.1.10). Everything else looks ok.
  • nope nothing im so sad
    uhm
    maybe i need to type another DNS in the PS2 in game Area 51
    or something else that u can help me

Look i saw something in my router thats IP Address Filtering
    nothing there just click New when i click it
    Effective time: XXXX - XXXX
    LAN IP Address: XXXXXX - XXXXXXX
    LAN Port: -XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
    WAN IP Address: XXXXXX- XXXXX
    WAN Port: XXXX - XXX
    Protocol: ALL TCP UDP
    Action: Deny Allow

X means that i need to type ther should i do something there?
  • please help me im lost and spent money of the router if u need something to know just ask
  • This may be a case of being a very simple solution- try power cycling the router (un plug the power for about 30 seconds then plug it in again). Sometimes when making changes in the setting there this needs to be done to get everything situated properly.
  • HAH u think id didnt make the unplag
    just nothing i did and nothing maybe i need to add some thing else in the settings tell me if u need to see something
  • btw my DMZ ADRESS IS 192.168.1.1
  • so i guess im lost? :(
  • That DMZ address would be part of the problem- that IP is the address for the router itself. What you may want to try is put the IP address you set up for the PS2 into the DMZ of your router.
  • nope i tried it :(
    nothing
  • The only other thing I can think of for you to add in the router is port forwarding. The ports that Sony uses are listed in the PS3 Console section in a thread I pinned to the top. As for doing the forwarding itself, I also linked to a site that gives the how-to for getting to that section of just about every router made. Give that a try and see how it goes.
  • k i didnt found the port u said can u tell me agien execlly
  • so where can i find the port? and tell me exectlly how to add port look

Trigger Port:
    Trigger Protocol: ALLTCPUDP
    Incoming Ports:
    Incoming Protocol: ALLTCPUDP

Common Applications: --Select One--Battle.netDialpadICU IIMSN Gaming ZonePC-to-PhoneQuick Time 4AOE II ClientSudden StrikeBaldurs Gate II
  • hi dude i just called my internet and asked for DNS ip they gave me other ill try them right now
  • Go into the PS3 Console section of the forums here. I have a thread that is pinned at the very top of that section. The port type and numbers are listed along with a link to a site that will guide you to exactly where to go on your router to enter those numbers.
  • DUDE I MAKE ITTT THANKS U :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    THANKS U FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im playing online FINALYYY :)))))))
    UR THE ROCK :)
  • Actually, this guy is The Rock:

Have fun online! B)
  • Lol thanks :)........