Another PS3 no internet connection
  • I know you guys see a lot of these, but I didn't see any of the cases that relate to mine, so here goes -
    My ps3 was working fine with my old ISP, but I just recently moved to another state and have to use a different ISP. They provide a cable modem and my pc is working fine on it. I've reset the modem, plugged the PS3 directly into it (instead of the hub) and tried powercycling and resetting the settings on the PS3, all no help. The PS3 won't even find an IP.
    I talked to the ISP and they said they have no information on gaming consoles. I don't know if it matters, but the ISP is Comcast.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • any ideas on how to fix this?
  • You are going to have to completely re-do your internet settings on the PS3 to match up with the new info. Edit this to reflect the new info Comcast used for your computer and you should be good to go.
  • The PC finds the address automatically. All the ISP did was drop off the modem. Once plugged in, the pc connects with no further configuration. The PS3 did the same thing on my old ISP.
    I restored the factory defaults on the PS3 and still nothing.
  • Sometimes the PS3 needs a bit of a helping hand with finding the correct settings. Set the PS3's connection manually and you should have your PS3 online again.