Resident Evil 5 Connection Problems
  • Hello,

I've grown excessively frustrated with my Playstation 3 and how it can not connect to any1 in Resident Evil 5. I have tested my connection numerous times and everything is fine. Also, I even used the internet browser on my PS3 to see if it was an internet problem (Everything was fine).

I can sometimes connect to my friend online, but only at a specific time (after 930 pm MT). What is very frustrating is that we can never connect in the afternoon or even the morning. I don't know what the issue is. I m currently on wireless connection with all ports opened (Read articles on this stuff earlier), and DMZ is enabled for the IP i m currently using for the PS3. Everytime it fails to connect, I get this Error code: 80022436. I tried google-ing the code & nothing, so was wondering if any of you have the same problem or at least some kind of solution to this.

Sidenote: Could it be that PSN is overloaded with traffic & doesn't allow people to host or join games? I don't know how to explain the time thing I've been encountering for the longest of time.
  • The issue is not with the PlayStation Network, it's your internet provider. If you are using cable and there are quite a few people using that as well in your neighborhood this will weaken the amount of bandwidth available to you. I don't think there is anything you can do other than check with them about upgrades/ check into other ISPs.
  • RebornSky said:
    Hello,

I've grown excessively frustrated with my Playstation 3 and how it can not connect to any1 in Resident Evil 5. I have tested my connection numerous times and everything is fine. Also, I even used the internet browser on my PS3 to see if it was an internet problem (Everything was fine).

I can sometimes connect to my friend online, but only at a specific time (after 930 pm MT). What is very frustrating is that we can never connect in the afternoon or even the morning. I don't know what the issue is. I m currently on wireless connection with all ports opened (Read articles on this stuff earlier), and DMZ is enabled for the IP i m currently using for the PS3. Everytime it fails to connect, I get this Error code: 80022436. I tried google-ing the code & nothing, so was wondering if any of you have the same problem or at least some kind of solution to this.

Sidenote: Could it be that PSN is overloaded with traffic & doesn't allow people to host or join games? I don't know how to explain the time thing I've been encountering for the longest of time.

Hey i have the same problem as you! Though it never occurred to me that it could be a time-of-day issue. I too am using cable for my wireless internet (Time Warner). My PS3 is on DMZ and I still get problems connecting to online games.

I've been trying to connect with my friend who lives in the West Coast of USA. I live in the East COast. We've been trying in the afternoon.

We are gonna try connecting tonight on a Sat evening to see if we can get through. Though I never used to have any problems playing PS 3 games online until a week ago.