Error code 8002ABOB
  • I connot send any messages via PSN I have already rebuilt my database but it keeps telling me about this error can not send messages
    8002ABOB
  • This error seems to be a little 'hit and miss'. Many will get it now and again but it may not be a persistent problem. Have you tried re-sending a message...?

Other than re-building the database the only other solution i can find is to only send messages that do not contain any of the symbols/ smilies the PS3 has. Give this a go, Red.

Other than that it seems the latest FW Update (2.7), may be the cause of the problem. In the long run, via later FW Updates, the problem may be fixed.
  • Rob C STAFF said:
    This error seems to be a little 'hit and miss'. Many will get it now and again but it may not be a persistent problem. Have you tried re-sending a message...?

Other than re-building the database the only other solution i can find is to only send messages that do not contain any of the symbols/ smilies the PS3 has. Give this a go, Red.

Other than that it seems the latest FW Update (2.7), may be the cause of the problem. In the long run, via later FW Updates, the problem may be fixed.

yeah... i get it sometimes... but its mostly when i send a message like:

"sup ?" or "WTF ARE YOU DOING ?"

I believe the problem is that I leave the ? by itself...

so when i resend it type it:

"sup?" or "WTF ARE YOU DOING?"

and it works fine...