• i log in and then normally always get this error and i read somewhere too turn off my firewall what does this mean and is this the way to fix this error thx
  • Have you updated the Firmware for your router lately? Many folks aren't aware that routers also use firmware that also needs updating. Go to the router manufacturers website, and follow the instructions for updating firmware.
  • i have updated the firmware for my router so that's not the problem. Any other suggestions
  • rahul_rul210 said:
    i have updated the firmware for my router so that's not the problem. Any other suggestions

A few. Try one or more of these options:

1. Disable UPnP on both the PS3 and router.

2. Press the reset switch on the back of the router for 10 secs and then reflash the router with the latest firmware.

3. Reconnect your PS3 to your router.

Go to Start>Run>CMD

Type in:
    'ipconfig /release'

Press enter

Type in:
    'ipconfig /flushdns'

Press enter

Type in:
    'ipconfig /renew'

Press enter

I must note, however, that the above are only temporary fixes. According to SONY, they are looking into what is causing this error (and you are NOT alone) and are working on a fix.

Sad to say, it looks as if SONY is getting quite proficient at not knowing what the hell to do when something breaks or doesn't work right.
  • if i try nuber two will i have to set up all the settings again e.g passwords
  • rahul_rul210 said:
    if i try nuber two will i have to set up all the settings again e.g passwords

No, you shouldn't have to. It is just a "hard boot" of the router. You may have to rename your network and the security key (password), but all other info on your computer & PS3 will not change.
  • thx lucifer i fixed by disabling upnp
  • wen will sony release a FW update to fix this problem