Problems with connection to my PS3
  • Hi

I wonder if anyone can help, my router is at one end of the house and the PS3 and PC are at the other end some 55 feet away and the walls are 20 inches thick. My PS3 finds the router but with only 7% signal but when I go to complete the connection test it fails, I appreciate the router the is quite far away so does anyone know of a product that can guarantee to connect to my PS3 or a broadband booster?

Jami
  • For poor signals, the best thing (if you can't move the physical location of the router) would be a repeater.

Amazon.com: Linksys Wireless-G Range Expander WRE54G: Electronics
  • madhtr said:
    For poor signals, the best thing (if you can't move the physical location of the router) would be a repeater.

Amazon.com: Linksys Wireless-G Range Expander WRE54G: Electronics

Thanks very much Madhtr, I'll give it a go as I can't change the location of the router is it guaranteed to work/

Jami
  • jamigilmore2 said:
    Thanks very much Madhtr, I'll give it a go as I can't change the location of the router is it guaranteed to work/

Jami

I'd be highly surprised if it didn't work. Keep me informed.
  • Another option you may want to look into is powerline networking. This uses the home's existing wiring to get the internet where you need it.