Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router and PS3
  • I need some help connecting my 80G PS3 to the Internet. I have an Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router. The PS3 detects my network and I've entered my security key correctly; however, I keep receiving a "failed to connect to the LAN" error message. If you have a Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router and PS3 connected to the Internet could you share with me how you connected? I'm sure I'm missing something simple...I've tried for two days now with different configuration settings...I just can't figure this out. Thanks for any help/suggestions.
  • It should be able to connect with the router if the security code is correct- try doing it without the encryption in place to see what happens (remove from both the router and the PS3). If that works then the problem may have been the security key after all.

Leave the IP address at auto on the PS3 but I would put the other information in manually (IP address of the router, subnet mask, dns server addresses). You can find all of these in the router itself.