What's The Difference/memory Cards
  • Hey guyz! I'm a little confuseed with the memory card thing cause I just bought this game Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland and I don't have a PS2 memory card to save it on, and at the store I asked "what's the price of your memory cards" and he said the range was from $19-28 and he also said something like Madcatz and sony and some others. If you own 1 or 2 diferent brands of m. cards, help me! :( :lol: ;)
  • The main difference is the fact that all of the third-party cards (i.e. not actually manufactured by Sony) are unlicensed and so are not neccessarily up to the same standards Sony has.While they may be a few dollars more I would definitely suggest buying the actual Sony cards-if you think you would need it I'd suggest buying the twin pack (in case you have more than one person playing the system in the house and avoid any mishaps with overwriting game saves).
  • DO NOT buy a Mad Cats memory card!!!!!!!

It totally fried my system!!!!

now only ONE controller works!!!!
  • I don't know of anyone who would advise using a third-party card (or any third-party hardware for that matter) over a Sony product.

Simply put your PS2 is manufactured by Sony so that is what you should use for it.
  • The only difference is the 3rd-psrty memory cards are not as reliable as an official SONY card. If you buy a 3rd party card and it screws up, you should be able to take it back to the store you got it from under warranty. The obvious disadvantage with this is that you lose all your saves.

The official SONY memory cards on the other hand are garunteed to work and you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever (also, some of those 3rd party ones look terrible :ph34r: ).

If you are ever in any doubt about these things, just think of it this way, you get what you pay for :)