• Hi, my internet connection on my PS3 has been down for roughly 3 weeks now. I had a handful of phone and fax lines in my house before the ps3 stopped connecting. Due to the many lines I had 2 routers. just before the 3 week period started i got rid of one router because i got rid of some of the phone lines. I have 3 computers hooked up to my network, one is a cable plug connection and two are wireless. My ps3 connected fine before i made the modification, but now ( every day ive been trying to reconnect since then) after putting in manually all of the network information and what not ( which i didnt have to do originally the ps3 connected immediatly on day 1) it still obtains the i.p. addresse and then fails to connect to the internet. Ive tried a cable connection as well, i get the same problem. My father is a " computer nerd" and he cant find any problems with the network info ( meaning firewalls blocking or such). what should i do before i slam the system against the wall?!
  • You may be running into an IP address conflict- with just the one router serving everything you may have your PS3 set for the same IP address as one of your computers as your PS3 may have been connecting to the router you unhooked. Also, did you do the port forwarding on your remaining router?