Live Your Life
  • The police in Tokyo have arrested a man for selling an other mans viritual house, for about $350, in Ultima Online.
    He got a hold of the other mans password through an administrator, logged in and made the transaction to a willing buyer.

The black market in online gaming is said to handle as much as 0.3 Billion dollars per year.
    Buyers are mainly players that feel that they don't have enough time find that magic sword or work on their house.

The gaming industry is now starting to see that you can make some serious dough, apart from just selling the games.
    A "Project Entropia" has started a game in wich the economy is bound to the real world.
    To be able to buy weapons or equipment in the game you first need to exchange regular money for Project Entropia Dollars (PED:s).
    One $US is 10 PED.
    If you sell an item you can change your PEDs back to regular dollars.

So, are you looking forward towards your new job or what? ;)
  • Wow! I herd of selling of characters from everquest on E-bay and making money.

My older friend who is out of highschool, took a YEAR of of everything and played everquest and made about 5 grand! But now since you cant do that anymore I guess its kind of a bummer.

But if this type of stuff keeps happining it will turn out like .//hack it seems.
  • I heard of that, my friend bought a house like that. I can't believe that they make that much money though. They will probably make allot more in years to come.
  • Originally posted by badboy 3223@Feb 20 2003, 11:25 PM

My older friend who is out of highschool, took a YEAR of of everything and played everquest and made about 5 grand! But now since you cant do that anymore I guess its kind of a bummer.

5K is a tidy sum, but not if it has taken you a year to make. Imagine if you went for a full time job and they told you the salary was 5k - you'd laugh in their face!

It all sounds a bit sad to me. Perhaps if these people put as much effort into their
  • Steve, I don't know if this actually pertains to this thread but I have a friend who spends more time on the Sims than in real life. I bust my ass roughly 70 plus hours a week dealing with drunk people in order to pay the bills. Why in the name of god would I want to come home and spend just as long playing virtual life, much less paying someone my hard earned cash to somebody for their virtual life. Don't get me wrong, I love to game. I just can't rectify a game where I have to worry about hygene, getting to work, paying the bills, meting people, etc. I do that for real, so I can race a Mazeratti, Etc. on my PS2. Nuff said.
  • These people are sad. I don't mean that they are upset, I mean they lead sad pathetic lives.

Sure I may play too much sometimes and I may get too involved in a game, but its not my life. Sure I was p****d off when I erased my GTA: Vice City data but I started over.

What would these people do... commit suicide?
  • Rex77, that's what I was trying to say. I don't have the time, money or interest in buying someone else's persona. My roommate has a 60plus level ranger on EQ, I'm sure some twit outthere would pay top dollar for it. I figure if you're gonna game, do it yourself. Don't live vicariously through someone else's labor. Why spend my hard earned money to buy someones character when I can use the money to buy a new game for myself and have loads of fun building my own.