The Nokia N-gage
  • Dud or success.

I think it just might beat the GBA if it gets the support of more major developers.It already has sega and THQ on its side so that might encourage some new developers.

Nokia is certainly taking it seriously though.It has good graphical ability (I think it is a little more powerful than the GBA).Only time and the price of the machine will tell what will happen altough if its cheap it could be a major threat to the GBA.
  • I agree, I just heard about this a while ago and I think is they make the prices down low enough, GBA could be gone! It doesn't matter to me what happens but, that's just me!
  • Considering that it's a cell phone as well Tony, i doubt the prices will be all that low. Most cell phones run about $100 upto about $400 so we'll see once Nokia does release it. I don't think that anything will outsell the GBA, especially with the GBA SP just out in Japan and the first week sales were:

110,000 - GBA SP
    52,000 - PS2
    36,000 - GBA(weird with the SP out now)
    7,200 - Gamecube
    3,800 - Xbox
    1,000 - PSOne
    and i can't remember the others but it was the GBC and WonderSwan Color. You also have to remember that these developers are also working on GBA games for release so it's like Sega and THQ has given any exclusivity to the N-Gage as of now. Really, time will tell how well the system will be but if it allows for network play as it claims then i think it'll be a success as enough people are getting cell phones nowadays for a game system built in to make sense to them. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Originally posted by madhtr@Feb 22 2003, 06:10 PM
    [b]Really, time will tell how well the system will be but if it allows for network play as it claims then i think it'll be a success as enough people are getting cell phones nowadays for a game system built in to make sense to them. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming. [/b]

Not to mention the ability to download levels,characters and patches if i remember correctly.
  • Yeah, but from what i hear, Nokia is going to use the network abilities as the big selling feature of the system. I'm going to go look for the info on the system innards itself and will post them below as well. I nearly posted this info in our news section back when it was first announced but i really didn't think anyone would care about it in the forums. Anyway, will be back in a few with those specs. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • [b]Features:

-Large color screen with backlight, 176x208 pixels with up to 4096 colours
    -Series 60 platform and Symbian Operating System
    -Bluetooth wireless technology for gaming
    -An eight-way directional controller "Rocker" for game play
    -Multimedia messaging (MMS)
    -Triple band GSM (900/1800/1900), GPRS mobile phone
    -Digital Music player (AAC/MP
  • Seems like a nice little package.

Did it mention anything about the extra batteries that i thought i saw over here in Finnland.