Unlocking artwork for King of Fighters 2002/2003
  • Just interested in KOF 2002. I've unlocked most of it in the game. It looks like I'll need to finish all of Time Attack Challenge (I'm at #34 now.), complete Team Attack Challenge, and Single Attack Challenge. Does anyone know if the game just gives them to you depending on how many times you try even if you fail? I've had that happen when I was trying to unlock characters. I had to complete a challenge to get a character but couldn't do it. I tried over and over and to my surprise, the game unlocked the character for me. Thanks in advance!
  • First I've heard of a game that takes pity on you and says "here, have the unlocked character and move on". Far as i know it will have you keep trying until you finally get it right.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    First I've heard of a game that takes pity on you and says "here, have the unlocked character and move on". Far as i know it will have you keep trying until you finally get it right.

LOL! It's true though. I unlocked Geese, Goenitz, Shingo and King in this manner for this game. For example, game sites I looked at showed that Geese can be unlocked if you beat Time Challenge #40. I'm still at #34 and he was unlocked. Also, for the KOF 2002 UM import, you can unlock everything by beating the challenges or failing expert mode at least 300 times. Ahhh, well. I'll have to keep going until everything is unlocked.