can ps3 audio playlists be exported and imported ?
  • hi,
    i want to move my music playlists from old ps3fat to ps3 slim, but after copying a playlist then sticking it on the slim, the playlist order is lost, despite an m3u text file bieng copied by the old ps3 along with the music tracks.

is it possible ?, i am aware the playlists can be copied succesfully to a psp, but there is no way to copy the playlist back to a ps3 ?

why does sony leave out such vital functions ?, i regret ever getting a ps3 in the first place, failed bluray drive after 20 months, and now big problems getting my stuff on the new ps3.

i tried a full system backup, but it wanted to wipe the hard drive of the new ps3 before copying data from the old ps3, and i would have lost my copy protected shift saves, and anyway, i presume the backup data from the ps3 fat is not fully compatable with the slim ?, is a full system backup only meant to be restored on the ps3 from whence it came ?

failing the above, can i import my itunes playlists into the ps3 ?

come on sony, stop trying to con people, stop copy protecting game saves, and stop making it hard to migrate to other ps3s.legal action is needed against this vile company and its substandard products and restrictive practices.
  • why on every forum does no bugger have a clue as to how back stuff up and restore to another ps3.

well ive tried myself, told by turd sony that a full system backup would transfer my playlists, and guess what, it bloody does not.2hours of my life wasted, no playlists backed up, pictures and videos stripped of their album names and copy protected saves lost.

DAMN YOU TO HELL SONY, YOU ROTTEN CONNIVING DEVIOUS SODS, why will you not allow basic user functions, why do you deliberately try to annoy your users.

im taking this piece if toss ps3 back to the store and demanding my money back, its sold under a lie that its a multimedia console, how can it be when a user has to rename all his media files and redo playlists from scratch when migrating from another busted ps3.

PS3 USERS, WAKE UP, SONY ARE DEVIOUS AND WANT TO FRUSTRATE YOU AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY, DONT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT, THIS IS THE WORST AND MOST UNRELIABLE CONSOLE AROUND, JUST WAIT TILL YOUR BLUERAY DRIVE PACKS IN JUST OUTSIDE THE WARRANTY PERIOD, AS HAS MINE AND ALL MY FRIENDS.

then you buy a new ps3 and rotten sony wont let you copy anything of worth across, so if youve SPENT MANY MONTHS CREATING MULTIMEDIA AND MUSIC PLAYLISTS AND GAMES PROGRESS IN SOME GAMES, YOU ARE SCREWED COS YOU WILL HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH COS STINKIN SONY WONT ALLOW YOU TO COPY EM, EVEN YOUR OWN WORK.

DAMN YOU SONY, DAMN YOU TO HELL.
    I SHALL INFORM ALL I CAN OF YOUR ROTTEN UNDERHAND ACTIONS.

IM GONNA GET MY MONEY BACK, COS THIS PIECE OF RUBBISH MACHINE IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE, AS MY 60GIG MODEL WAS NOT ALSO.