• I cannot seem to pair my Remote Control (not the controller) to my PS3. I tried follwing the instructions and nothing happened, it scanned but did not pair. What do I do now?

Thanks
  • I think you are not the only one having problems, WWK. I read an article this morning saying there are a number of people with the slim PS3 that are having this sort of thing happen after the 3.10 update.

A couple of suggested workarounds are performing a soft reset of the remote or shut down the PS3, turn it back on using the power switch on the console and attempt to sync again.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    I think you are not the only one having problems, WWK. I read an article this morning saying there are a number of people with the slim PS3 that are having this sort of thing happen after the 3.10 update.

A couple of suggested workarounds are performing a soft reset of the remote or shut down the PS3, turn it back on using the power switch on the console and attempt to sync again.

I did resolve the problem after someone else on another forum stated it took him "ages" for the remote to sync up. I went back and held down the start/enter buttons for 6 minutes and it finally paired up with the console. I woulod have never expected that I would have had to wait so long for it to pair up....seems a little strange.
  • It is very unusual- when I had the bluetooth remote I was able to have it pair up within seconds. Mind you, this was some time ago and I have since sold the remote (no time to watch movies of late).