Children of the 60's & 70's...We Survived!!
  • A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=387]Children of the 60's & 70's...We Survived!![/drupal]

For those of us who were lucky enough to grow up and experience the freedom of childhood in the 60's & 70's, you will enjoy this list. For those of you who are children of the 80's & 90's, you too will find this list interesting...and a sad commentary of what you have missed out on. * Our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paints. * We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets.
  • "We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on."

Who says that's exclusively for kids of the 60s and 70s? That was my orders.
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    "We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on."

Who says that's exclusively for kids of the 60s and 70s? That was my orders.

Yeah, but in my day it wasn't because the gangs took the streets over. :eek:

JK
  • Gangs? Lol, pish posh! We never had a gang on our street....or even within a 2 mile radius of my street. So :p
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    Gangs? Lol, pish posh! We never had a gang on our street....or even within a 2 mile radius of my street. So :p

Yeah, we were very lucky like that too.
  • I was going to say something, but all the aluminum I ingested eating from TV dinners back in the 60's & 70's has affected my memory...

I'm sure it was something important?! ;)
  • man i would give up gaming yes gaming in order to grow up the times when a kid could be a kid....
    When I was in elementary school dodge ball, dropping from the tower ( it was only five feet high but we still did it.) and flag tag the best game ever at that time was all but prohibited EVEN TAG WAS PROHIBITED. I got so many detentions for starting game like those...well not so many we always got warnings.
    I blame the sue happy parents who protect little johnny because he fell and got a scrape on his knee. My parents would have said your ok brush it off. It wasnt that they didnt care it was they wanted me to not grow up being babied like some childern are.
    but good for all of you surving.