Wireless connection problems
  • Ok, I have been trying to use my PS3 wireless since moving recently but am having a problem. After I go to Network Settings and Internet connection Settings is where I have problems. I click "yes" to disconnect and then select "Easy" method. I am told that the next menu should give me the option to set up wireless but instead it is "checking my network configuration status" and then telling me to connect an ethernet cable.

Can anyone please help me out with this?
  • I would suggest deleting the network settings completely then reboot the PS3 and start over from scratch. I would also suggest not using the Easy method- instead, grab some info from your router to put into the settings manually such as the router's IP address and the DNS server addresses.
  • hey everyone,

got a ps3 for xmas and set it up fine but me n my dad have noticed that when you turn the system on/off, it disconnects my dads online game he plays on our computer... how can we fix this?
  • Sounds like you need to do some tweaking in your router, average. You may want to look into setting up a reserved IP address for the PS3 (you'll need the PS3's MAC Address, instructions on setting the IP can be found on the router's cd as it has a .pdf file of the manual on there).
  • okay, thanks man
  • hiya there.i am to having the problem every1 does.the thing is its all jargon to me.also my wireless modem is upstirs in my neighbours flat?i have the password as they kindly gave me it.so i enter it and press yes all the way and it comes up timeout.can some 1 please help me as im pulling my hair out.thanks
  • Walk, you may need to get your neighbor to do some setting tweaks in his/ her router and you may need to do the same on the PS3. Ask them about setting up a reserved IP address for your PS3 (you can get the MAC Address they need in the PS3's menu by going to Settings> System Settings>System Information). If they can/ are willing, add this address into your PS3's connection settings as well as the DNS Server addresses (they can find this in the router settings). Also, you'll need them to add in some port forwarding (details in the pinned thread at the top).
  • thanks for fast reply.happy new year to all.how hard is it to change settings?because lady upstairs wont have a clue.
  • It's simpler than most people think, actually. First thing is logging into the router itself- the site I mention in the pinned thread will lead the way there (just pick out the router in the list then select "PlayStation Network" in the list of applications that comes up.

Most of the setting changes will be in the Advanced area of the router but it varies from model to model. If you knew what she is using as a router I should be able to find a bit of a guide (or at least link to a .pdf of the manual itself).
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    I would suggest deleting the network settings completely then reboot the PS3 and start over from scratch. I would also suggest not using the Easy method- instead, grab some info from your router to put into the settings manually such as the router's IP address and the DNS server addresses.

please tel me how setup internet in ps3
  • Parrots, how are you plan to connect online? Do you have a router or going directly from the modem? Wired connection or wireless?
  • I have also had problems connection to the internet. (We have Virgin broadband and a Netgear Wireless router). We have gine through and entered everything manually using all our router settings but get refused access with a code '8013030'. How can we get round this problem? Thank you.