Tony Hawk Ride Controller
  • I followed these instructions to try and connect the board to the PS3, but it did not work.

1) Plug in the USB dongle into one of the front USB ports of the PS3. The little red little light on the dongle will blink slowly.

2) Press the PS Home button (located on the side of the skateboard) until the 4 lights start blinking (indicating the board is turned on).

3) Press the little button that is on the front of the dongle until it starts blinking rapidly.

4) While the little light is blinking on the dongle, press and hold the PS Home button again (located on the side of the skateboard) until it syncs up with the dongle. You can tell this happens when one of the 4 little lights on the side of the skateboard stay lit and the little light on the dongle stops blinking and stays solid.

Everything worked fine up until step four. The lights never stopped blinking. They slowed down a bit but they continued to blink.

I found the above instructions at the following link:

https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=26578&p_created=1257782035&p_sid=15Tl6mQj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjksMjkmcF9wcm9kcz01MDMsMTU5NCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9Mi4xNTk0JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTE!&p_li=&p_topview=1

Please let me know what other steps I can take to correct this connectivity issue.

Thank you,

Mark
  • If you have anything else plugged into the USB ports for wireless (guitar hero/ rock band dongles for example) take these out as well. I would then try again following their instructions but stay somewhat close to the system when doing step 4 in case you need to start over.
  • Hi MDeitrick
    Any luck with your board. Ours worked for 24 hours and now board not recognized. One time 4 lights all lit up and had to take batteries out to turn off. Another time, 1 light was on as supposed to be but the dongle was blinking. Any suggestions?

thanks,
    rht
  • The only dongle that was plugged into the PS3 was the RIDE one. I tried connecting the controller from close up and from across the room from where we would be using it. I have removed the batteries and reset them, but we still can not get the PS3 to recognize the controller.

Sorry RHT, I am newbie to the PS3. I'm hoping that some of the more knowledgable folks on here will be able to help out! lol

I hope that you're able to get your controller reconnected.
  • Does anyone have any idea on how to get this board controller connected?
  • The directions you have been following are the correct ones, mdeitrick. If it won't connect for you then you may need to contact Activision's customer support about a possible replacement board- maybe yours has a defect in there.
  • Hi,
    Just joined the network and bought TH Ride for my sons this Xmas - I have the same problem connecting the board controller, in that the 4 lights blink then flash rapidly after pressing the PS button and the button on the dongle but don't connect to show 1 steady light. The original posts were from a few months back - any new info that you're aware of.
    (NB - game and board bought off ebay 2 weeks ago ? originally from last year according to seller description - game loads fine).