Error Code: 80710723
  • Hi,

I am having a problem downloading software update 3.15. I originally only wanted to set the internet up on my PS3 but when i went to actually use the browser, it came up with a message that said i needed to download the new update, when i went to do this is took a long time to get into the screen where it has the status bar of the download, once it get to this screen it stay on 0% for about 20 mins and then comes up with the error code 80710723.

I read somwhere that if you disabled the media server it would allow you to download the update, i tried this but had no luck. The error message came up again.

I have a wireless internet connection and have checked that status which says that it is enabled.

Is there anything else that i can do to fix this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • You may want to go into your router settings and set up the port forwarding if you haven't already. Check out the first thread of this section for the ports needed for PSN as well as a site that goes over the how-to for applying them.

Of course, you can also go to Sony's site on the computer and download the update to a USB drive then install it that way as well. They have full instructions over there.