Finland Dubbed Axis In Ww2
  • I know that this is a fairly stupid\worthless\pie post but why have the allied dubbed Finland axis.

We weren't allied with Germany we gave them the right to pass through our country in exchange for equipment.

We didn't attack Russia.They attacked us.

We even thought against Germany later in the war (The war of Lappland).

So why was Finland dubbed as an axis country.

• Because people will go to any lengths to place blame where, otherwise, there is none. Most people of this world have a hard time positively identifying with anyone who'd just rather not stick their noses into someone else's conflict if they're really honestly not involved..... except of course unless Russia attacks you. That definitely gets you involved, whether you are or not! :unsure: :blink:
  • Geeze, GK. You gotta let go of that. That happened before you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye, and as I recall it, the axis powers were Germany, Italy, and Japan. The Finns may have been considered collaborators for trading with Germany rather than being destroyed by them, but even so, it was a long time ago. Honestly, when was the last time you heard of Japan being referred to as an Axis country? Also, when someone (I'm assuming someone has) brings this up, consider the source. As Speedie was saying, some people are just @$$holes. Right or wrong, they're still going to be @$$holes.

ps. Then again, maybe it was the Reindeer Rebellion of '43 that people are remembering (J/K) :D
  • Originally posted by WreckinBall@Apr 13 2003, 11:45 PM
    ps. Then again, maybe it was the Reindeer Rebellion of '43 that people are remembering (J/K) :D

Those damn reindeers had it coming.They peed on the sides of the houses again.