Favorite Formula 1 Driver
  • I really like motorsports especially Formula 1. I think Kimi Raikonen is a very good Driver as well as Jenson Button. :rolleyes:
  • The best drivers are R
  • Jacques Villeneuve is the only Canadian driver so I gotta stick with him. I used to watch F1 quite regularly... when I was up early enough on a Sunday morning.

I'll stick with the Champ Car Series for now. B)
  • Originally posted by Rex77@Apr 19 2003, 08:13 PM
    I used to watch F1 quite regularly... when I was up early enough on a Sunday morning.

Havent you canadians learned to use the timer on the VCR yet.
  • Haven't you Finnish learned how to use the 'shift' button on your keyboard to capitalize letters yet. ;)

If I want to watch a race I want to watch it live, it just is not the same if you watch it on tape.
  • Originally posted by Rex77@Apr 19 2003, 08:22 PM
    Haven't you Finnish learned how to use the 'shift' button on your keyboard to capitalize letters yet. ;)

Ah, but my post has 4, count'em 4, capital letters.

Explain that.
  • Yes GK you got more capital letters, but canada needs a CAPTIAL C
    Dumb Finnish, no wonder your only a chef, no writting required :P ;)
  • [quote]Originally posted by Theve1tch@Apr 20 2003, 12:01 AM
    Yes GK you got more capital letters, but canada needs a CAPTIAL [b] C
    Dumb Finnish, no wonder your only a chef, no writting required :P
  • Enough with the capital or not capital thing already! :lol:

We'll my favorite is Mark Webber I like him he drives so fast you won't believe a Jaguar car ranks up in 5 place (He almost took pole on Interlagos).
  • Hey -welcome back PJB!

IMO, Michael Schumacher is still the best driver in the paddock. Not until the last few years did he have the best machine under him, and he did win twice ithBenetton in 94 and 95. Kimi Raikonnen has lots of raw talent, and will certainly be the future of F1. Montoya is probably th second best driver, as has the agressiveness in his driving.

Webber was fantastic is his last two qualifyings, and it is amazing that hehas put the Jauar in the top 6. M.Schu is not 'losing it', but he does admit he has made mistakes in the past few races; so have other people but he has not been able to get away with his mistakes.

Race at Imola this afternoon...who do you think will win? I think Barachello, as he really wants it after so unfortunately retiring for the 9th time in the Brazillian GP last fortnight.

:ph34r:
  • Well my bet is Raikkonen!!

I would definitely want to see Webber in the Podium!!
  • Webber would deserve to be on the podium, but when the ITV pit crew asked him yesterday, he said that he was quite light on fuel, which might explain his qualifying preformace. Still, it was a great drive! Wheres Raikonen starting from? I don't remember. Imola is hard for lots of the rookies because of the bumps on the corners. Still, can't exactcly call Raikonen a rookie...
  • Originally posted by crashkart@Apr 20 2003, 10:39 AM
    Webber would deserve to be on the podium, but when the ITV pit crew asked him yesterday, he said that he was quite light on fuel, which might explain his qualifying preformace. Still, it was a great drive! Wheres Raikonen starting from? I don't remember. Imola is hard for lots of the rookies because of the bumps on the corners. Still, can't exactcly call Raikonen a rookie...

I think his sixth.He has a great chance of winning because Ferrari has had many reliability problems and his driving has steadily gotten better.
  • He's behind Webber at 5th position. Imola is ferrari's home track It would be dissapoointing for the crowd if they lose
  • Did anyone anyone just see the race? The Schumacher brothers mum died in hospital last night, and of course they were sad, and Michael just put his head down and went and won the race. Barachello cane 3rd, but could easily have come second if he didn't have such a diasterous last pit stop.

Despite everyones predictions, Mark Webber dropped six places at the start due to a clutch problem and I think he eventually dropped out of the race.

Raikonen came second less than 0.5 seconds ahead of Barachello, and the Macleran strategy really worked out.

As for Villneuve, he has mechanical failure.

;)
  • Yeah I watched the race! tough luck though! I really wanted Raikkonen to win
  • As I was watching raceday, I couldnt understand what's happening because the telecast in our cable is in chinese language. :think: I only rely on the text they flash on the TV to see the driver's position.
  • :swear: Canada deserves to start with a capital. And if Jacques Villeneuve is the only Canadian Driver, then he is my favorite! :bash: (The canadian is the guy with the hammer)
  • Schumacher is the best driver, supported him since i can remember. It is his skill that helps him win races, proven by the new car designs. He did well to win the other day, having his mother pass away and all :(. :cry:
  • Think though, it's not just the driver, it's also the vehicle he drives! :peace:
  • I agree Schumi is only good bec of his car
  • You couldn't be any more wrong. :think:
  • Originally posted by Swift@Apr 23 2003, 06:11 PM
    You couldn't be any more wrong. :think:

Then how come he won all his championships with a good team and not before that.

And dont try to say benetton because it was a top team then.
  • I'm sorry, but only a VERY good driver could drive, let alone win a race just hours of his mothers death, credit to the man.
  • Originally posted by Daniel M STAFF@Apr 23 2003, 06:37 PM
    I'm sorry, but only a VERY good driver could drive, let alone win a race just hours of his mothers death, credit to the man.

The how come neither of you mention Ralph who came in fourth.
  • Wasn't Ralph third? I'm not a Michael Schumacher fan... but i'm just stating to win a race after your mother's death is incredible, and same with Raplh coming third/fourth (although it was Michael we were talking about at the time...)

If we're talking favourite drivers mine are Juan Pablo Montoya, and brit Jenson Button. Although i don't have time to watch F1 as much as i used to.
  • Originally posted by Daniel M STAFF@Apr 23 2003, 06:55 PM
    Wasn't Ralph third?

Nope.Barichello was third.
  • For all you people saying that Schumi is only good because of his car, then what about winning in '94 and '95 in the Benetton. Yeh, sure the car does help you to sucess, but that is only one half of it. And how about him qualifying seventh on his first grand prix all those years ago in the Jordan. Sevenths is pretty amazing for you first F1 race ever.

:flex:
  • Check my response on benetton by going up,up and away.
  • Shumaca is the best Ive never stoped supporting him or dist him once. But I dont know how he came first after his mothers death thats just amazing! Even if hes doing rubbish or hes just had a shock he pulls himself together and faces it!

:punk: :punk: :punk:
  • Yeh, well obviously Benetton wasn't a really bad team, but they wern't the best team either. And winning a championship is always very hard, despite whatevercar you have underneath you.
  • Hey tomorrow's the first day of qualifying so say your prayers for your favorites bec. I've heard ferrari is gonna unveil their new car!!
  • Yeh, thats true, and Schumi sez that he's in love with it (can't blame him as he's just went out and qualified pole, then wen on to win the race) :clap:

Congrats to Alonson who finished second in the Renault with was absolutely fantastic, and hounded Schumi for most of the race. :disco:

No luck for Mcleran fans, as both cars retired following two separate accidents. :doh:

Ralf Firman scores his first world championship point ever, and De Matta gets Toyatas first three points of the season.

Next race - Austira in two weeks...
  • Well today is the qualifying and Schumi got pole again in austria.....

But Kimi is in second so mclaren fans pray hard!!!!!

Tomorrow is the race so I'll just post here for the results!!!

• My fav is David Coulthard as for team it is Mclaren Mercedes :punk:
  • Austria was the first full race i'd sat down and watched this season, and it was great! The start was certainly eventful, i feel sorry for Montoya who's engine blew but i just cannot believe the coolness that Michael Schumacher displayed as he sat in the car while a bloody petrol hose was on fire!!! Unbelievable!!! He just continues to amaze!

Jenson Button just missed out on his first podium in 4th aswell :(
  • Yeah!! Shumaca won austria! :woot:

I told you he was Good! :2cool: :cunning: :rules:

Only 2 points behind Kimi Rikonen!! :doh:
  • Don't worry Raikkonen fans!!!! maybe monaco is the place to beat ferrari!!
  • Naa!

No way pjb! Shumaca will whipe the floor clean at moneco!

:drool:

Whipe it up shumi (Bad joke there) Sorry! :shy:
  • Originally posted by ali-g7@May 20 2003, 05:08 PM
    Naa!

No way pjb! Shumaca will whipe the floor clean at moneco!

:drool:

Whipe it up shumi (Bad joke there) Sorry! :shy:

He started winning when he got the new car, so I'm still waiting for the new McLaren.

Besides, spell it correctly.
  • I can't wait for the Monaco grand prix... crashes guaranteed!!! :punk: Hehe!

It's a track where anything can happen... so anybody can win!! Although surely Montoya is due a win soon... or Jenson Button would be good!!

(However much i admire Schumacher I'm NOT a Ferrari fan!!)
  • [quote]Originally posted by Daniel M STAFF@May 20 2003, 04:57 PM
    [b] I can't wait for the Monaco grand prix... crashes guaranteed!!!
  • He's a great driver...

Let me put it into prospect, i admire Man Utd, because they're such a great team. But i'm not a Man Utd fan...

In other words, i respect Schumacher immensely, but i'm not particularly a fan.

:)
  • Monaco is a great track and very narrow and no gravel traps, so keep your eyes open evry moment of the race, who know who will end up in the barriers...
  • Originally posted by Daniel M STAFF@May 20 2003, 08:50 PM
    He's a great driver...

Let me put it into prospect, i admire Man Utd, because they're such a great team. But i'm not a Man Utd fan...

In other words, i respect Schumacher immensely, but i'm not particularly a fan.

:)

True, True! :clap: :peace:
  • :clap:
    Juan Montoya won the Monaco Grand Prix, Kimi Raikkonen was 2nd, and Michael Schumacher 3rd. Surprisingly there weren't any spectacular crashes, Frentzen's crash on the first lap was the worst it got. However Jenson Button took a mullering in qualifying which meant he couldn't race.

So Raikkonen is still first in the Driver's championship! Good stuff.
  • Just fnished watching monaco granprix!!

for your info....The results are

1. J.Montoya
    2. K. Raikkonen
    3.M. Schumacher
    4.R. Shumacher
    5.F. Alonso
    6. J. Trulli
    7. D. Coulthard
    8. G. Fisichella

Ok here's the result so did your fav. driver win?

ps. I didn't see dan. posted first...hehehe
    :unsure:
  • Yeh, it was a good race, but a bit boring. Best move was probably Alonso, who overtook two cars in the pit stops at one time! Montoya deserved his win, and so did Williams. Schumi is now 4 points behind Raikonen in the championship. Button has some massive accident yesterday and couldn't race.

Clean race, but boring. :2cool:
  • Crash pretty much sums it up really, clean race but boring. Since there is no space to overtake at Monaco it was all down to the pit-stops. Once Montoya got infront there was simply no way for Raikkonen to pass.

But my favourite driver, and favourite team did win! :)
  • Damn! My person didn't win! Oh well we will thrash you in the next race! Speeking of which wher is the next on??!! :blink:
  • It's Canada next in 2 weeks.
  • Dan,

Something worth doing is something worth doing right. ;)

Air Canada Gran Prix, Montreal, Quebec.