please help me!!!!
  • hi to all i have recently bought a ps3 and a new laptop with windows 7 and im trying to stream my movies and music to the ps3. as i no nothing about this sort of stuff could you please tell me how i can do this??? The ps3 finds my wireless network but it wont connect and wont find the files and folders which hold the movies and music??? i will be eternaly grateful for any assistance u can offer me many thanks chim79
  • You need to have a program open on the computer such as Media Player 11 to do the sharing on the computer. Once you have the files all set up in the folders you want to share do the server search on the PS3.
  • chim79 said:
    hi to all i have recently bought a ps3 and a new laptop with windows 7 and im trying to stream my movies and music to the ps3. as i no nothing about this sort of stuff could you please tell me how i can do this??? The ps3 finds my wireless network but it wont connect and wont find the files and folders which hold the movies and music??? i will be eternaly grateful for any assistance u can offer me many thanks chim79

hi thanks for the info but my computer is running wmp 12 and i dont really understand the way in which u stream media to my ps3. i have also tryed to download wmp11 but it wont install onto my laptop. I have used wmp11 on my old xp pc and streamed media to my xbox 360 without any problems. I decided to treat my self and upgrade both laptop and console but im still having difficulitly in streaming media many thanks again if you can help.
  • Media Player 12 will do the exact same thing, i just used 11 as an example.

Under the Stream tab of Media Player you need to turn on the media streaming. After a couple of clicks have another go with the scan on the PS3. It should find the computer after a few seconds.
  • hi and many many many thanks to u!! your a star it works like a dream. thanks once again for all your help and support nice1 chim79