• If I had kept a journal of all the cute and funny things that my daughter has said to me over the years I would have a pretty good stand up act.

Just tonight as I was getting her ready for bed she was telling me that she hoped the Easter Bunny brings her a Gameboy, I try not to make a big deal about Easter. Anyway I told her that the Easter Bunny does not bring gifts that big, meaning expensive, and she told me "Mommy a Gameboy is only this big" gesturing with her hands to make a small square like shape. Being as quick on my feet as I can, I told her that mom and dad have to pay for all the stuff that the Easter Bunny brings. She seem to be impressed with explanation and I hope that it will keep her believing for many years.

Lets hear some of yours
  • ohhh poor kid. She asked that the easterbunny would bring her a gmaeboy but u dashed her dreams :P Well I guess every holiday cant bring presents (althoguh as a teen I wish every holiday had a present ;) )
  • This reminds me of something I said the night before Easter. I was talking to my grandpa and my mom and dad were just sitting there while my grandpa asked what the Easter bunny was going to bring me. I replied right away with "A carrot!"..and my dad and mom were shocked and my dad looked all over for a carrot to get me...and they got it. I was pleased beyond pleased...so she will probably be VERY grateful. :D
  • Originally posted by Daggers Lover@Apr 19 2003, 09:41 PM
    ohhh poor kid. She asked that the easterbunny would bring her a gmaeboy but u dashed her dreams :P Well I guess every holiday cant bring presents (althoguh as a teen I wish every holiday had a present ;) )

Poor kid, my a$$.

She got the dvd she wanted a new pair of sandals and pencil crayons that she needed. O and about 20 pounds of chocolate that I'm sure I'll end up eating.

Her b-day is in Aug so maybe I'll pick some money off the tree that I planted a few years ago and get her the Gameboy then and if not there is always Santa. :o
  • ohh ahh well you didnt mention all that umm other stuff. Heh heh. ;) I guess she isnt that poor after all :P :D
  • :o You mean...Santa and the Easter Bunny is not real! :o :o

• One day, when my son was 6 years old, we were in the car on the way from school and he asked me out of the blue, "Mommy, is there really such a thing as Santa Claus?" Well, I have always treated those situations like this: If he's old enough to ask a question about something, he deserves the truth. I told him 'no' and explained about Jesus and His birthday and all. He said to me, "Well, that's ok then, 'cause Santa is only one day a year, but Jesus is every day!!"

That is one that I will NEVER EVER forget!! :D :wub:
  • Kids say the cutest things and adults say the stupidest or most inappropriate.

Helping our daughter tonight with he homework and she asked how to spell confused.

So I started to spell it for her, c-o-n, f-u, s-e-d.

Probably not the best two letters to group together spelling that word to a child. :doh:
  • Originally posted by Rex77@May 24 2003, 04:54 PM
    Probably not the best two letters to group together spelling that word to a child. :doh:

Just be hopeful that she's still too little to understand.
  • I dont have kids, but my little brother says some wierd things. He dosnt really say cute thing, but more like stupid things, like using a word the way it's not supposed to be used. Sometimes it is hilarious.
  • We've had many such moments also. One other interesting fact about this is the completely honest and direct manner such comments are made in. It has been proven time and time again that if there's something grownups are having a privy conversation about and don't really want anyone else to hear about then don't have said conversations in front of the kids, because you know that such remarks will be repeated in exactly the same context as originally stated, and sometimes outright honesty is not appreciated. Big Brother and Little Son are watching you !