Help Cant Get Online Ps3
  • hi
    i used to play online but mum got a new router and when i go to connect and put the WEP key in it comes up with a message saying: the attempt to obtain to ip address timed out, or the wep key may be wrong.
    ive tryed many times but still wont work..
    can some one help me??
  • You are sure she did use the same WEP key as before or is still using the WEP encryption?
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    You are sure she did use the same WEP key as before or is still using the WEP encryption?

nah i used the new wep key writen on the bottom of my router. but it didnt work it said the ip address timed out, why would this be??
  • still not working can some one help me??:(
  • A WEP key would not be written on the bottom of the router, it is set in the router settings. You'll need to log into the router and find the key.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    A WEP key would not be written on the bottom of the router, it is set in the router settings. You'll need to log into the router and find the key.

howw do i do that?
  • boycie420 said:
    howw do i do that?

What type (make & model) of Router is it?
  • Wade_VC STAFF said:
    What type (make & model) of Router is it?

it is a thompson TG782T
  • You get to the log in by heading to this IP address in your web browser: 192.168.1.254 .If there is a user name and password combination protecting access you will need to enter these in.

Here is the manual for that particular modem/ router. You'll be able to find answers to most of your questions in there.