Sold my old PS3 and.....
  • I got pissed the other day not being able to get online with my ps3 60 gig because of the "network" problem, hearing that the slim version worked was the final straw, I sold my old ps3 traded a game or two and got the money bought a slim ps3 250 gig. Now everything is great except I forgot to deactivate the video on the ps3 before I sold it. I read somewhere you need your receipts to prove you sold your old one and bought your new one which is crazy.

I understand they are scared of theft or whatever but this is an outrage if I reformat my drive before i sell the ps3 (which I did) they should have a prompt that comes up asking me do you want to deactivate the video... I mean come on im not the first person that this happened too how many people think about that stuff before they go to sell. I'm lucky I have 5 activations on my ps3 otherwise I wouldn't be able to re-download all my game content but I only have one activation for video..... fix this Sony. does anyone have any answers? please say that guy didn't know what he was talking about with the receipts.
  • They are just wanting to make sure that the PS3 you are talking about was actually yours- no need to get angry about it.

As for the video, you would need to set up your user on that system long enough to go into the account and de-activate on that system, then delete the user again. No way around it.
  • called Sony they deactivated video no questions asked just needed PSN ID they would not deactivate the older system from games said I would have my video back in 24-48 hrs maybe even tonight hope this helps anyone else...