• Are there any games on the PS3 that allow you to play a split screen battle between two or more groups of people using two or more PS3's on different TV's using a LAN connection. This used to be fun on older systems, using a link cable. Now everything is wireless. Have we lost this ability with our newer systems or did the game companies decide we didn't need to play like that any more?
  • The ability for some games to be played via LAN party is there but not for split screen. Each system would need its own tv set. The connection would be done via ethernet cable.
  • So what you are saying is that our new fancy next gen systems cannot do what the older systems used to be able to do. We used to be able to play split screen LAN battles between two groups of 4 people on two different systems and two different TV's. Remember before the online world took off you could link your systems and it didn't limit you to one player per system. I have already played Call of Duty 4 via LAN battle many times, I just don't understand why it doesn't support split screen with the LAN battle so I could play teams against each other instead of just one player per PS3. Guess that could potentially cut into game sales.
  • That was part of it with the game sales plus most gamers were not making use of the ability so it was taken out. The ability to do LAN gaming and how it is set up (split screen or each needing their own set) is up to the game developers, not Sony themselves. Most LAN gaming these days they set up to have everyone on their own tv so that everyone has their maximum view. Besides, if a game is going to have split screen multiplayer they can easily do that with just the one system.