About The Livechat
  • Huzzah! We have LiveChat again! I'd like to open this thread to first say: Please use the LiveChat ;) I should be hanging around in there most all day, if occasionally afk.

But also, I'd like to open this to make a place for peeps to schedule LiveChat parties, just like in the old days.

Have fun! ^_^
    /
  • That sounds a great idea, whenever you pop into the forums please come into the liveCHAT too, if only for a while let's make sure it's used, it'll be a great way for everyone to get to know each other better. It automatically opens when you log into the homepage so there's no excuse!

And just like in the old days, i suggest Sunday's could be our regular LiveCHAT session... what do you think? Sunday afternoon's between 6-8 p.m (UK) and 12-2 p.m (US) when everyone comes into chat... sounds a good idea to me!

:punk:
  • Nice idea but how about members whose in the philippines and other countries?
  • Originally posted by Daniel M STAFF@Apr 23 2003, 09:19 AM
    And just like in the old days, i suggest Sunday's could be our regular LiveCHAT session... what do you think? Sunday afternoon's between 6-8 p.m (UK) and 12-2 p.m (US) when everyone comes into chat... sounds a good idea to me!

Sounds good to me...but can anyone think of a way to distract my other half from playing Battlefield 1942 so I get to go on the PC to chat? :cunning:

It's been such a long time since I've been in a Livechat - do we still get a bedtime story? :clap:

• Obviously it's not possible to put a time that is suitable for every country... but the LiveCHAT is ALWAYS open, so you won't miss out. Maybe we will change the time from Sunday to Sunday, so that Australian members, and members in other countries can all participate...
  • I'm not sure the chat is working properly for me.
    Either that or no one is there when ever I'm around.
    Been trying a couple of times but after the connecting message I don't get anything :blink:

How does that thing work?
  • There seems to be a problem with it right now and it's not connecting. I know Jim is working on the website right now, so either he's switched it off while he's working or it's a problem with the IRC people. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, when someone gets it working please post in here so we all know!!
  • I think its great that live Chat is back :clap: and I like all the new smilies too!

I am having a problem with live chat too :doh: but I can wait until Jim gets it straightened out....

Worf
  • Okay good I thought I was the only one with problems with the live chat :punk: I can't wait to actually "talk" to some of the moderators and see how they act in real time! Man I am such a dork I sound like a mega-RPGer!

-SS

:peace:
  • I cant get any live chat on my screen its just grey and it never loads!
    Whats happening? :cry:
    How can I get live chat on my screen?

:punk: :punk: :punk:
  • Livechat is......errrr.....live again.
  • Originally posted by madhtr@Apr 24 2003, 04:24 AM
    [b]Livechat is......errrr.....live again. [/b]

Except isn't live on my computer :doh:

• Mad, it may be alive on your computer, but it's deader 'n a doornail on mine!! :cry:
    I figure, if after 10 minutes it hasn't loaded, it ain't gunna..... dial up is slow, but surely it's not that slow! :doh:
  • Originally posted by Susan B STAFF@Apr 25 2003, 03:20 AM
    dial up is slow, but surely it's not that slow! :doh:

Wanna bet?

• Okey dokey, here's the scoop. I was able to get into LiveChat last night (after the suggestion from Topper to use IE.) Seems that it just wasn't working through AOHell, but it came up just fine with IE. Just a suggestion to share with you all who are having some troubles getting in.
    All credit goes to Topper! :D
  • [quote]Originally posted by Susan B STAFF@Apr 25 2003, 11:21 AM
    [b]All credit goes to Topper!
  • Ok, I gotta ask.
    What do I need to do to be able to use the livechat?
    Sell my firstborn child?
    Is there a problem with me using a macintosh or do I need to download something?

I can't get past the "loading irc.afternet.org 667" message. Nothing happens after I get that.

Any ideas what I should do, and please remember that I don't know the first thing about computers so the problem could really be quite trivial.
  • It looks as though you need to use IE to access the LiveChat so if your firstborn will get you enough for a IBM compatible PC.....I mean, i don't know if there's a version of IE for Macs or not. Other than using IE, i don't know what else i could tell you. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • LIVEchat Trivia Contest

We are running a members triva contest tonight. Its free to all members and the best of you will be listed on the front page tommorrow.

Check out the NEWS section (or our homepage) for more details.

We need your help...

We want to run a game trivia contest pretty soon and want you to send us all of your best game triva questions (and answers).

CLICK HERE TO SEND ME YOUR QUESTIONS
  • Madhtr: Did you not read the part about me being a numbskull when it comes to computer stuff?
    What is IE? :blink:

If it's Internet Explorer, that is the one I'm using so the problem is somewere else:
    [Edit]Thanks to Jim's modifications I am now able to get in and take part of the fun.
    I wanna give a shout out to Topper too for being more then helpful in the attemts of getting me hooked up. Thank's guys.
  • Thanks to everyone who took part in Last nights Trivia event in the LIVEchat area.

Over 50 members took part over the 14 hours we ran the event, with as many as 15 people in there at once battling to see who had the biggest brain and fastest fingers.

Here are the results...

1 = Topper
    2 = Daniel_M_STAFF
    3 = enforcerwbs
    4 = S2dio
    5 = manneman
    6 = Jim_B_STAFF
    7 = superwoofer
    8 = pwalas
    9 = gabriel_knight

The next event will run for 24 hours on Sunday April 27th 2003 starting at 8am UK Time (12.00 Midnight USA West Coast)
  • Well done Topper!!! Who some what run away with it getting over 80 questions right, compared to my 25 in second place!!! (lol you must of been doing it all night!) Topper the trivia master! Can't wait till Sunday's trivia, it really is great fun everyone should get involved!!! (and yes i will be sumbitting a few more BRITISH questions for this one! ;))
  • Congratulations Topper!

Originally posted by Jim B STAFF@Apr 26 2003, 03:23 AM
    6 = Jim_B_STAFF

I would like to point out one thing though. Even when you cheat you don't win, eh Sir?
  • LiveChat was a great time!! :disco:

Plus a chance to "meet' so many of you in "person". I look forward to chatting with you all again (-:

Oh and Jim I had promised RedKenny that I would backup her claim that the trivia bot ignored some of her answers. :doh:

I'll be studying up my brit trivia Dan!

Geezers ROCK!!
  • Originally posted by Jim B STAFF@Apr 25 2003, 11:23 PM

7 = superwoofer

The only reason superwoofer got high on there is because he would answer with the answers I put and get it right. That bot rigged me of so many answers Jim.

Topper can back me up on a few of the questions I was gyped from.
  • I'll back you up as well, Red - there were a few questions you were robbed of in the short time I was on last night.
  • Might it of been because you answered in a coloured font Red??? Because apparently it doesn't read those answers!
  • I answered once in plain black and it still didn't take my answers.

Oh, and what's with this banning? I tried to get in through the website and it says I'm banned. I didn't do anything wrong...
  • Oh, Red.....I didn't have a chance to tell you last night because i was in a hurry but because we're trying to block out non-members from using the chat, Jim has set it up to ban outside accessers and since you were using Trillian to get in.....Well, i think you get the deal with that. I know it was your only way in.....oh and that may be why the trivia bot didn't allow your answers, but i guess i could be wrong on that one.

I would PM Jim and ask him what there is that you can do to be able to access the chat again...Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • :swear: I did get one answer right in Trivia but I didn't get creidt for it either :unsure:

All in all it was fun :peace:

Worf
  • Cool! I've been looking for another good IRC chat to toy around in, LOL! As if I need another reason to spend HOURS on the computer. *Facepalms*
  • 1 = chargerfanchs
    2 = DragonballzDBZlover
    3 = Topper
    4 = manneman
    5 = jdm1108
    6 = andyman 6
    7 = KiLLa
    8 = Bid
    9 = S2dio
    10= Kentucky_Fried_Hippie

Trivia will be back next Sunday.
  • [quote]Originally posted by Jim B STAFF@May 5 2003, 12:27 AM
    [b]1 = chargerfanchs
  • Way to go Chargerfanchs!!!!! :clap:
    Chalk one up for us, more sedate typers...hehehe!!!!
  • Thanks to all who competed in the trivia. The win was secondary, the real prize was meeting and chatting with all the cool members who participated! Special thanks to Bid (slow typers ruled that night-hehe), Topper and jdm1108. I met some great people and had a blast. Couldn't have thought of a better way to spend my birthday (how pathetic is that?!) Hopefully trivia will become a regular event! Thanks again!
  • Well done Charger! Sorry i couldn't of been there to defend my crown ;) But next Sunday... just you wait! :D
  • I'm sorry but where exactly is the Live Chat Area? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablovi!,

It's on the main page of APi at Absolute Playstation PSone PS2 Playstation2 videogame console

Sometimes you might be the only one there. You will see a "bot" signified by an "@" symbol. Other times you'll recognize other members by their posing name followed by _APi

Good luck and feel free to PM me or post again if you are still having problems (-:

See you in the chat room!

Trivia is coming this mothers day (sunday)!

Topper
  • Originally posted by Topper@May 9 2003, 05:26 PM
    Hi Pablovi!,

It's on the main page of APi at Absolute Playstation PSone PS2 Playstation2 videogame console

Sometimes you might be the only one there. You will see a "bot" signified by an "@" symbol. Other times you'll recognize other members by their posing name followed by _APi

Good luck and feel free to PM me or post again if you are still having problems (-:

See you in the chat room!

Topper

Thanks Topper, it just that before it was on the members only area.
    And since i have that page bookmarked, i hardly ever go into the main page.

Thanks anyway.
  • Originally posted by Topper@May 9 2003, 11:26 PM

Topper

And this time, i'm gonna be there to win back my trivia crown ;) :D You have been warned... :cunning: :think: :flex:
  • [quote]And this time,i'm gonna be there to win back my trivia crown ;)
  • Daniel, as the reigning Champ, all I can say is...Bring it on!

(uh-oh! I may have bitten off more than I can chew?!) :unsure:
  • SUNDAY TRIVIA RESULTS...

1 = Topper
    2 = Rex77
    3 = manneman
    4 = Daniel_M_STAFF
    5 = Lyndon_M_STAFF
    6 = chargerfanchs
    7 = Bid
    8 = jdm1108
    9 = madhtr_STAFF
    10 = andyman
  • Booooooooo ;) :P

How long were you on it for this time Topper? :P

Well done though, look's like neither me or charger could keep our crown! What score did you get in the end then?! Nice one!
    :notworthy:

And until next Sunday....
    :peace:
  • Dan,

Haven't you heard that the final score doesn't matter... just who won!! :flex:

It's like the old joke of the two guys with the bear in the forrest... when both of them are running from it, one says to the other... I don't have to outrun the bear... I just have to outrun YOU!. :lol:

I finally found my advantage for Trivia nights!! It's called living on the West Coast of the US. While everyone else in the world is sleeping, I still get to trivia!

Madhatr and I were in there until closing and they tossed us out (Like that's never happened in a bar before!)

I'll be waiting for you to edit that sig line of yours! :think:

I'm glad to see alot more members in there chatting too! Come on folks... this is actually fun!
  • Congratulations Topper! I can think of no one more worthy of the crown! A good time was had by all! Perhaps next time you won't be so lucky?! ;)

By the way, what happened to letting Rex win this one?
  • CRAP! When I left I had 57 answers, obviously Topper got more than that or cheated somehow. ;)

Good show Topper, this don't have to work Monday so I will be staying up all night to get the crown that is rightfully mine.

Blood will be shed this time. :angry:
  • Way to go Topper, and according to your statement about time zones that makes me european champion for this week :D .

But seriously, how come the Trivia is only on at night? Isn't it supposed to be 24 hours?

I understand that the americans need all the help they can get when trivia:ing against the europeans and all but still...
    ;)
  • Well done, Topper!!! Congrats, on your victory :clap: :clap:

"And yeah, what did happen to you letting Rex, have this one?" :unsure: :lol: .....hehe!!!
  • Originally posted by manneman@May 12 2003, 09:51 PM
    [b]
    I understand that the americans need all the help they can get when trivia:ing against the europeans and all but still...
    ;)
    [/b]

So now not only do they ask all American question's, they now run the trivia for their timezone!!!
    :P
  • [quote]Originally posted by Bid@May 12 2003, 09:48 PM
    [b]"And yeah, what did happen to you letting Rex, have this one?" :unsure:
  • RESULTS FOR TRIVIA - Sunday 18th May 2002

1 Topper
    2 Cooldude
    3 andyman
    4 Bid
    5 chargerfanchs
    6 Daniel_M_STAFF
    7 hoopz
    8 DragonballzDBZlover
    9 rollerangel288
    10 RedKennypup2004
    11 manneman
    12 Lyndon_M_STAFF
    13 madhtr_STAFF
    14 seval
    15 Rex77
  • Wow, Topper on top again, well done.
    I for one would however be interested in knowing the score, how many did you get Topper?
  • Glad to see ya never caved to "pressure", Topper!!! lol.....just fooling with you! :disco:

Well done, all credit to you!!!! :clap: :clap:
  • Originally posted by manneman@May 19 2003, 12:02 AM
    [b]Wow, Topper on top again, well done.
    I for one would however be interested in knowing the score, how many did you get Topper?
    [/b]

Manne,

I left at 82. I would have left sooner but Bid and Seval kept the peer pressure on me. Gee I thought all that peer pressure stuff ended when you became a geezer. Plus to say the least it was a community effort on behalf of the room. :hug:

The alarm clock rang awfully early this morning too! And they knew it would! :tired: Thanks Biddie and Seval!

Oh and kudos to Cooldude who ever you are. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to stay longer when you were in there.

Perhaps next week (-:

Hey Biddie!! you came in 4th!! :clap: How much longer did you stay in there?
  • Typical, he goes out for the night, comes back and the trivia is STILL running! :lol: Any chance the trivia starts earlier so us Europeans have a chance next time Jim?!?!

Unlucky to "Cooldude"... i was rooting for ya! ;) :woot:
  • 82 is a great score, wtg Topper.

I was thinking of the poor Aussies too, with this trivia time and all. It's practically "monday morning is trivia night" for them.

And congrats to Cooldude on that second place, if it wasn't for ole Topper you would surely have had the crown. ;)
  • Congrats again to Topper! Never you mind all that whining about starting times and whatnot from other competitors! I'm sure you deserve the trivia crown!

Sorry about second place Cooldude but second place to Topper seems inevitable!

Thanks to everyone for another fun trivia event. Hope to see you all next time! :D
  • I agree with dan. I myself am English and was way to late for me to enter otherwise i would have won ;) :ph34r:
  • Okay, I hate to file a complaint here...but..there are two more things wrong.

There was one question where the answer was John F. Kennedy and I typed exactly that and the bot didn't give me credit for it. No colored text..it was exactly like that and the bot overlooked me.

Second, please make sure the answers for the trivia are spelled right! There was one question where the answer was hamster...and I spelled it right and so did Bid(she was there too) and the word(answer) was spelled wrong (hampster). I know different cultures have different spellings and everything..but come now.
  • I think that Apu's last name is misspelled as well.
  • No offence Red, but would you really want to check the answers of 1400 quiz question's just in case of a few duff spellings?? I sure wouldn't!! At the end of the day, it is only a bit of fun!
    :)
  • Actually Dan...

As the old trivia bot would say
    [13:59] ...Hmmm...Spelling... I bet you can spell 'DIPS**T' Topper_APi :-)[/b]

Edited of course for proper language! :stink:
  • Originally posted by Daniel M STAFF@May 20 2003, 08:35 AM
    No offence Red, but would you really want to check the answers of 1400 quiz question's just in case of a few duff spellings?? I sure wouldn't!! At the end of the day, it is only a bit of fun!

Yeh you tell em dan it's only fun!!! :blink: :flex:
  • Originally posted by manneman@May 19 2003, 11:40 PM
    [b]I think that Apu's last name is misspelled as well. [/b]

WHAT!!!!!!

It was'nt spelled Nahasapeemapetilon.Off with the trivia's head.
  • Originally posted by Daniel M STAFF@May 20 2003, 01:35 AM
    No offence Red, but would you really want to check the answers of 1400 quiz question's just in case of a few duff spellings?? I sure wouldn't!! At the end of the day, it is only a bit of fun!

Send me the list and I'll look them over. If it will keep my blood from boiling from frustration I'll do it.
  • Maybe this should go in the 'Random Rants thread? But, what happened to common courtesy......like saying "Bye", when you leave chat?

I know most members here do. But so far today, I've had it happen to me thrice!!!!
    Didn't think that I was that borring, or difficult to talk too?
    :blink: .....am I?

I realize sometimes, glitches occur and people get booted etc. But as a general rule, most will either Pm you, or return asap, to explain.

Is it just me, or have others here noticed it?

Oh, and before I forget. I can confirm the wee spelling hitch in trivia, Red was talking about. Happened several times.....but normally I just put it down to me, being a cr :swear:y speller...lol.
  • I've noticed that too Bid... I just take it more of a lack of experience in "Netiquette" more than lack of respect or manners.

In some defense... the chat room and the IRC has been a bit touchy lately though... I've been punted several times recently. Sometime taking me a complete reboot just to access the web or IRC again.

I do try to pop back in at least to say bye or explain that I had to go.
  • Originally posted by gabriel knight+May 20 2003, 06:54 PM-->QUOTE(gabriel knight @ May 20 2003, 06:54 PM)
    [quote] <!--QuoteBegin-manneman</i>
    @May 19 2003, 11:40 PM
    [b]I think that Apu's last name is misspelled as well. [/b]

WHAT!!!!!!

It was'nt spelled Nahasapeemapetilon.Off with the trivia's head.
    [/b][/quote]
    At first I was joking but I belive that the bot spells it "Nahasapemapetalon" so off with it's head indeed.
  • I think that some of the answers are misspelled intentionally so that all the cruddy spellers (of which sometimes I am one) get a chance to get an answer right every now and then. :unsure:
  • Hey!?!

What happened to the trivia on Sunday May 25, 2003! :cry:

Jim I gave up a fishing trip to uphold my title :fight:

Or did I miss it completely because it was on some other time zone?

Jim, if you were too busy... No problem because after all we do appreciate all that you do for the forum and APi :notworthy: :notworthy:
    (note standard (_|_) kissing to the higher authorities! :lol: )
  • wow u gave up a fishing trip just to do trivia :lol: oh well you old people do fishing trips all the time j/K :peace:
  • How did a thread about the live chat turn into this?
  • Originally posted by GamerGuy@May 25 2003, 01:55 PM
    How did a thread about the live chat turn into this?

The trivia is held in the live chat area of APi. :think:
  • [quote]Originally posted by Topper@May 26 2003, 08:02 AM
    [b] Hey!?!
  • Well I for one had a great time in the chat last night, even though there wasn't any trivia. And to the crew that roamed in there last night I'd like to say, see you soon again, hopefully. :D
  • Originally posted by manneman@May 26 2003, 08:19 AM
    [b]Well I for one had a great time in the chat last night, even though there wasn't any trivia. And to the crew that roamed in there last night I'd like to say, see you soon again, hopefully. :D [/b]

And i can't wait to see these pictures either!! :)
  • Tis true the trivia was missed yesterday, but I don't think I've ever seen the chat room that full! It was amazing! The trivia usually brings us together there but last night it was the people that made us stay. I know I enjoyed my time spent there, and those of you who aren't checking out the livechat/trivia, well you don't know what you're missing! :D
  • Haven't seen Jim on lately...

Is the trivia still on for sunday 6/8 or can we just plan a huge APi get together in the ole chat room??

I'll try to drop in as work permits and depending on the fish bite...
  • Originally posted by Bid@May 20 2003, 07:27 PM
    Maybe this should go in the 'Random Rants thread? But, what happened to common courtesy......like saying "Bye", when you leave chat?
    Didn't think that I was that borring, or difficult to talk too?
    :blink: .....am I?

I realize sometimes, glitches occur and people get booted etc. But as a general rule, most will either Pm you, or return asap, to explain.

Is it just me, or have others here noticed it?

If I enter the chatroom and don't say anything, then leave I don't necessarily consider that rude but when I start a conversation with someone or vice versa, then just bail out without a "Bye, C-ya, or :swear: you" well that's downright unfriendly. No one likes having a door slammed in their face and that's what it feels like to me. I thought we were all friends here? ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion