Some questions I wanna ask if anyone knows the answers to them.
  • Hello,

I have been wondering for some time now if it is possable to do this.

I have a ps3 and bought it in the usa,

What I would like to know is if it is possable to play ps3 games from other countries on a usa ps3.

I have been told that it is possable just wanna be really clear on it.

Europe is one of them I am a bit concerned with I was planning on buying a copy of Agarest: Generations of War.

Anywho if someone can get back to me on this that will be a great help. If I have not said enough info, please let me know!

Thanks! :)
  • No problem, Ace. Don't blame you for wanting to make sure of this.

First off, the games. Yes, you would be able to play PS3 games from any region on that system (be it North America, Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, etc.).

The thing to keep in mind, however, is the downloadable content in the PlayStation Stores. This is what is somewhat region coded. The extra maps/ weapons/ levels/ costumes/ characters/ etc. on the US store, for example, will ONLY work on the North American version of the games they are for.

That being said, be sure to get the version of the game that you would be buying this extra content from (or be ready to set up accounts to access stores from other regions if importing some titles).
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    No problem, Ace. Don't blame you for wanting to make sure of this.

First off, the games. Yes, you would be able to play PS3 games from any region on that system (be it North America, Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, etc.).

The thing to keep in mind, however, is the downloadable content in the PlayStation Stores. This is what is somewhat region coded. The extra maps/ weapons/ levels/ costumes/ characters/ etc. on the US store, for example, will ONLY work on the North American version of the games they are for.

That being said, be sure to get the version of the game that you would be buying this extra content from (or be ready to set up accounts to access stores from other regions if importing some titles).

Alright cool that sounds easy enough thanks for answering my question,

But I have been told this game only works with HDTV type not SDTV type and sadly I have a SDTV :( do you have any info on this?

Would I need to buy a HDTV? I find it a bit annoying lol but if its something I have to do then I guess I will.

Since its Euro I've heard something about there TV set up I think its called PAL? I might be wrong though but I guess we will find out since I bought it moments ago lol

Anyway is there a site that I can go on for other countries and would I have to use my ps3 to go on them to register? I just wanna be sure so that way I dont mess anything up, if its really simple then its all good I'll try looking them up on google.com if anything.

The reason why I am asking this is because I used my psp to register an account on North America.

How would I switch to a Euro ps3 store or other ps3 stores such as Japan and etc?

I think it should work fine, I am just curious on how this works?