Playstation 3 network connection problem(Please help!!)
  • Alright, i bought my ps3 and it won't connect to the playstation network, it will obtain ip address and internet connection will succeed also but it always fails playstation network and it says "The connection with playstation network timed out, it will never connect, yet when im at my friends house who is on the same internet provider as me (telstraclear) i connect perfectly with good connection?

When i try to sign in, it says signing in... please wait. for about two-three then tells me:

"An error has occurred. You have been signed out of playstation network. (80710b23)

Im out of ideas..

Please help, my mom is going to make me sell it because i never play it, no point when i don't have online, this sucks. :( Reply asap please.
  • Here's Sony's answer to what that code means along with some tips to fix things (along with links for troubleshooting the connection.

It may be something as simple as checking and correcting some setting in the PS3 (DNS servers may not match, for example) or, if connecting to a wireless router, not getting enough signal.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Here's Sony's answer to what that code means along with some tips to fix things (along with links for troubleshooting the connection.

It may be something as simple as checking and correcting some setting in the PS3 (DNS servers may not match, for example) or, if connecting to a wireless router, not getting enough signal.

Im sorry, im not a tech wiz :confused: I don't get what half the stuff on that site is saying, it says it is because the server is down aka 80710b23 but thats not the case im 100% sure of it, Also what do you mean DNS servers may not match?

Sorry, im not bad with stuff like this but all this ps3 stuff is confusing. :)
  • Right below what Sony says their definition for that code is they give a few suggestions on possible fixes. Try those first.

You may need to make some adjustments on your network settings on the PS3. I take it you are connecting through a router?
  • Yeah, i am connecting through a router,

Edit: still haven't been able to figure out what it is, it works fine at other peoples houses, yet not at mine -.-?
  • The router itself may be the problem, to be honest. Maybe it's time for an upgrade.