Red Dead Redemption

The setting - a fictionalised version of the US border states circa 1911 - is a compelling combination of history and Western myth, delivering magnificent frontier scenery, rough and ready Western towns, Spanish-styled settlements, ghost towns, border forts and canyon hideouts that could have come straight from the films of John Ford, Clint Eastwood and Sergio Leone. The towns throng with human life, and the country with a range of predators, prey and vermin, some of whom you can hunt, and some of whom regard a man travelling on his own as prey.

I was curious as to how many out there have picked up this game and what are your overall thoughts.
  • I picked up Red Dead Redemption on Thursday, and have been hooked on it since I first slid the disc into the slot.

As a fan of Western themed games anyway, I figured I would like it, but I am happy to say that Red Dead Redemption has not only met, but exceeded my expectations.

The storyline is exceptional, the "sandbox" game play is fantastic, and the graphics are nothing to sneeze at either. If you are a fan of Western-themed games, or enjoy great story lines or are just looking for something that is both unique and offers a bit of a challenge, I highly recommend Red Dead hasn't met expectations; it has exceeded them!