Will a canadian PS3 work in the UK
  • Hi,

I am currently living in Canada but am moving back to england in 3 weeks and am wanting to know whether my ps3 will work when i am there, i have heard things about different voltage, difference in tvs etc?

Any help will be much appreciated
  • im also wondering about the online mode, ive heard that there could be problems with the gameplay, online is a very big part of what i play so will this be affected?
  • Yes, a Canadian PS3 will work but, to be on the safe side, I would consider picking up a voltage converter as they do use a higher amount of electricity in the UK. As for the TVs, as long as you are hooking up in HD (component or HDMI) you won't have any worries. Doing standard def will cause issues as the North American PS3's output in 480i for standard def while PAL tv's use 576i.

As for online, you shouldn't have any problems there- you'll still be directed to the servers put into the game disc's code. What you will need to keep in mind is the DLC for the games- the UK discs can't use the DLC bought on the Canadian or US store (and vice versa). UK DVDs and Blu-Ray movies also won't play on that system due to region coding- same with any UK PSOne discs you possibly purchase and the PSOne Classics on the store.