• I don't understand how to use cheat codes on my ps2!
    i'm playing ff12 and found codes for a mastercode and codes for like 9,999,999 gil and 9,999 licenses! but don't understand how to use them! someone please help me i would be forever greatful :)
  • FF12 has very few actual cheat codes as what you are accustomed to. Rather than a series of button inputs as is commonly seen with most cheats, those offered for FF12 are "shortcuts" in the game-play that still require you to reach a certain level to "fast-track" certain achievements or accomplishments.

For example, to obtain the Zodiac Spear:

Open all treasure chests but the following to get the spear:

1. Treasure chest in Lowtown, outside of Old Dylan's place.

2. When sneaking into the palace (before getting the Goddess Tear), there are several chests in the Cellar. Do not open the 2 chests in the southeast corner.

3. All treasure chests in the Confiscatory (the place where you get your weapons and armor back after being captured).

4. In the Phon Coast, later in the game, there is an island with sixteen chests all near each other. The fourth chest among all sixteen must not be opened, so it is best not to open any of them. They only contain Gil.

Now, go to the Necrohol of Nabudis to find the most powerful weapon in the game, the Zodiac Spear. It has a +150 Attack with +8 Evasion.

As you can see, to obtain this item (and most others) simply requires doing certain things in a very specific order to speed up the process.

I have refrained from adding "cheat codes" for FF12 due to the fact that most read like a single-page gamers guide rather than simplified cheat codes or shortcuts.