Help with WRT54GS2 and downloads (Error 80710723)
  • Hello guys, i have bought a ps3 some weeks ago and today i`ve finally decided to connect to the internet on it. It connects normally and i can surf the internet with almost no problem ( it takes a little longer than i expected but thats fine), but when i try to download something, it takes forever to download 5% or 8% and then says that it couldn`t establish connection and goes back to the main screen. I`ve already read many comments on the net trying to solve it, but none worked yet.

My router is a WRT54GS2 (as said in the title) and i just can`t make the connection to the ps3 wired, so i have to work it out somehow. :smileytongue:

Thanks in advance.
  • Sounds like you need to get the port forwarding done in the router settings. We have the ports needed listed in the "Getting your PS3 online- some tips" thread at the top of this section.
  • Thanks for helping.
    I`ve already did that, or at least i think so.

I changed the settings to port forward the ports between 10070 and 10080 instead of just those two.
    Now i get all Succed in the ps3 internet checking, but the download and upload fail. :/
  • You have things a bit off there in the pic. For the 10070-10080 TCP they mean all of the ports FROM 10070 to 10080 have to be opened. To do that remove the line you have for 10080 then change the end of 10070 to 10080. Same for the 3478-3479 UDP ports (save a slot this way).
  • Yes, that screenshot was taken before the changes. But now i can surf the internet ( again), but still can`t download, all the ports are forwarded etc.
  • You may need to give the router a restart in order to get everything to kick in properly. As for the downloading problems, what amount of signal does it show when you scanned for the router on the PS3?