psn unable to sign in
  • I am unable to sign in to my PSN account every time I try to sign in I get an error code (80023017) please help
  • So I tried to login to my PSN. I enter my password when it prompts me too, and it says the username or password is incorrect. So I tried again, making 100% sure that my password was correct. Still didn't work. I tried the Forgot Password? option, but it says an error has occured. Connection test says I'm connected to the internet, but not the PSN.

My email doesn't say anything regarding a password change or anything, and I did just upgrade before I tried to enter, so I'm thinking this is probably just an error on Sony's part, but I remain unsure of what course of action to take. Seems to me like this is one of those issues where I just have to wait it out and try again later.
  • I am having the same problem does anyone know anyway we can solve this problem?
  • I've put your two threads together as it is the same issue. What's happening is Sony is doing some maintenance work today on the PSN. This is expected to be going on until around 5 PM Pacific time (8 PM EDT). Until they are done you will have these problems. hang tight and you'll be back in action!
  • Kish12 said:
    I am having the same problem does anyone know anyway we can solve this problem?

Same here I need help not really understanding what's going on kinda new to this
  • Like I explained, Sony is doing some maintenance to the PSN through the day today. Things will be back to what passes for normal by 8 PM Eastern tonight.
  • i am having the same problem,what's happen?
  • Sony where supposed to sort out the problem 2 days ago, as of today 23 september 2010, i still have a log in problem. also telling me my ID and password is not correct.