Trouble connecting to PSN
  • I've read through a lot of other posts on here so I know I'm not the only one to have this problem. My PS3 will connect to the internet but not the PSN. While reading through some of the other posts I've tried to follow the steps given to fix the possible issues but it still won't connect. I keep getting "The connection with Playstaion Network timed out". Perhaps I'm doing something wrong while setting up the ports, DMZ and IP address. I've spent the past week trying to wrap my brain around this and not only am I beyond a point of frustration but so is the wife, and every man knows how that can be... lol

Please help, I'll try anything at this point.

Thank you.
  • Not sure how much help I can be without knowing what model of router you have. I would say to check out our thread at the top of this section marked "getting Your PS3 Online - Some Tips". We have all of the ports listed that PSN needs in there.

As a general tip for the port forwarding, with the single ports put the same number in both the start and the end blanks. You'll have noticed there is one set that covers a range (10070-10080) listed there. In this case put the 10070 at the start blank and the 10080 in the end blank.
  • I have a Linksys WRT120N but I don't think the router is the problem. Infact we just bought that router yesterday in hopes that it would fix our problem. A friend recomended today that I tried connecting my PS3 directly to the modem which didn't work either. As far as the port forwarding I did all of that the way it says to on here. I've done quite a bit of research on this issue the past two evenings. I would say total I've spent about 12 hours or so looking up trouble shooting tips and trying several different things. I think I've come to the conclusion that there is either a problem with my PS3 or they is an issue on my ISP's end. If that is a possibility.