• Hey folks! I recently had the smart idea to open up my PS2 FAT cause I wanted to clean up the dust manually.. and the fan connector piece(tiny yellow square on the mobo) accidentally came off! Now my question is... is this it for me? Or can I somehow use electrical tape to connect the fan somewhere else on the console to get its power supply? Soldering is out of the question as I would have to buy a solder machine.
  • I would not use electrical tape inside the system, to be honest, plus the motherboard is set up for the fan to use that one spot on it. It would be easier to pick up an inexpensive PS2 slim to replace the fattie.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    I would not use electrical tape inside the system, to be honest, plus the motherboard is set up for the fan to use that one spot on it. It would be easier to pick up an inexpensive PS2 slim to replace the fattie.

Inexpensive where I like is 100$,are you saying there is no possible solution at all? Not even leaving the system open to get some good old fashioned cooling?