• hi guys

i need someone help

i've never been able to connect my ps3 to the internet wirelessly, but i'm trying to figure out why not, i'm sure it's just settings and i hope someone can advice me what im doing wrong

first off i can connect to the internet if i plug a ethernet cable in the back of it but the problem comes when i try to connect wirelessly, when scaning through the setup on the ps it recognises the router then comes up with a error 'the ip address timed out'

what can i do to solve this?
  • paul, I would set things up manualy instead of trying to let the PS3 pick up settings on its own. Add in the router' IP address along with the subnet mask and DNS server addresses to the settings (all can be had in the router settings). I would also suggest setting up a reserved IP address using th PS3's own MAC Address (found in the PS3's System Settings).
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    paul, I would set things up manualy instead of trying to let the PS3 pick up settings on its own. Add in the router' IP address along with the subnet mask and DNS server addresses to the settings (all can be had in the router settings). I would also suggest setting up a reserved IP address using th PS3's own MAC Address (found in the PS3's System Settings).

how can i check i'm writing in the right ip address?
  • The numbers you need will be plainly listed in the Status or Connection section of the router (other than the router's own IP address, which is what you use to get to the settings in the first place).

Reserving the IP address for the PS3 itself is normally done in the DHCP section (again, depends on the model of router you use). Just be sure to have the one you put in the PS3 the same as what you set up in here.
  • thanks i've finally managed to sort, exactly how i don't know but its all connected wirelessly now