• Hi-- new memeber here.

Hope I'm posting this question in the right place.

I've been wondering what type of internet people have and how it works. I'm considering changing from DSL to cable but wonder if that will affect online gaming in any way.

Who has cable or who has tried both and which one did you prefer?

I guess the issue I'm concerned about is that with a cable hookup-- if several people are on the same cable line-- the speeds can be affected.

What are your thoughts on this?
  • The difference will depend on how many others in your neighborhood are on the same provider with the cable.

I had been using a DSL connection for several years (with a meager 1.5 Mb/ s speed) but have switched to cable back in July 2010. Overall cable will still give you faster speed.
  • Thank you for your response. I've always had DSL-- but it just doesn't seem to be cutting it. May have to give cable internet a try.

Anyone else?
  • Update:

Switched to cable internet and couldn't be happier! Its so much faster and even Netflix through my PS3 works perfectly now.

With my DSL-- there was a game update that would have taken 4- 6 hrs to download-- with cable internet-- it took 17 min. Now thats what I'm talkin' about!