please help
  • Hi,

My name is Chris Nelson, I've owned my ps3 a year now. I have had no issues whatsoever until the last 2 weeks. I'm playing MW2 and have been running into hackers like crazy. It seems I cant even play a single match all the way through without someone hacking into the system. Like I said this hasnt happened once until recently when it became all day every day. Last night I was playing and a big red message appeared on my screen saying 'DERANKED' my kill rank has been pushed from 668000 to over 112 million, same with my score rank. It's very frustrating as I've worked hard to get those up. Is there anything you can do to help? Better yet is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening??
  • There have been a number of reports similar to yours. Infinity Ward themselves have said they may not be able to completely stop this in MW2 due to the security parameters relying mostly on what is provided by the console.

All that you can really do is try doing matches with friends you know aren't into that sort of thing. Also, if you can recall the name of the room host you could file a grief report with Sony.