Somebody Will Know...
  • I keep getting an error while using Internet Explorer.

Iexplore has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL
    Iexplore will now close.

If you continue to experience problems, try restarting you computer.

I get this now and then sometimes three to five times in a row before the new window will open.

What the :swear: is KERNEL32.DLL and how can I stop this from happening?

When it comes to fixing problems like this I am stupid.
  • If you are using version 5.5 with ME, try upgrading Iexplore.

If that's not the problem, you'd be best off asking Lu, or wait for him to post here, which I'm sure he'll do next time he's on.
  • Rex, hopefully this will help your problem... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...rmsg/kbkern.asp
  • Kernel is a crappy file in windows that likes to produce errors.

I think its some kind of safety file but who knows.Just switch to Linux.
  • it's just stupid you
  • Thanks very much for that input chelsea... :rolleyes: As the saying goes, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

So have the errors stopped now Rex?
  • Originally posted by chelseafc@May 24 2003, 06:06 AM
    it's just stupid you

Thanks chelseafc, your spam is most appreciated. :rules:

Yes I am still getting the errors but I have not really had time to try and fix everything that is wrong with my computer. I am debating using my recovery disk since there are several problems with this piece of :stink: .
  • I used to get that all the time, I've just updated to IE6 with new service pack & for all those who use Windows 98SE (best version I used) there are 18 updates on the Microsoft site & they have help to lessen my blue screen torment when I'm using power programs for photo editing.

I would advise to reload IE to see if the file you have isn't corrupted. If you need a copy of IE6 just look out for cover discs on PC mags as they do have them on the contents or download it from Microsoft (bang goes the day downloading!) or pop into places like ASDA, TESCO (and other large food shops) along with DIXONS, CURRYS, PC HELL, errr PC WORLD and just pick up a free copy of the ISP server disc & run set up from the IE folder.

Is it me or is there a lot of spammers around in the forum lately? Must be the silly season again, Where's my hunting rifle?
    :think:
  • Originally posted by Chris N STAFF@May 24 2003, 01:47 PM
    [b]Where's my hunting rifle? :think: [/b]

Who needs a rifle.Just butt rape them all.
  • Well, i say just try something else, maybe some MSN or even AOL will do a fine internet. I dont use the Internet explorer too much though so, but when i do i get those errors very often. So i stick with MSN.

My advice to you? check your settings for awhile, or maybe you can get some new internet installed in (i like to use MSN for these kinds of things).

Good luck to ya.
  • Originally posted by gabriel knight@May 24 2003, 02:48 PM

Who needs a rifle.Just butt rape them all.

Well, whatever floats your boat and all that... ;) :lol: