PSN user ID questions
  • I finally signed up for PSN, but I was in a rush and wound up with... not quite the ID I'd hoped for. So I was wondering a few things. Firstly, is there any way I can simply delete/deactivate the existing PSN user ID without deleting my user on the Playstation itself? And could I then start a new master account with that ID?

To clarify: When I fire up the PS3, I select "Jim-bob" to log myself in. Then, if I sign in to PSN, it logs me in as "Crummyname," (which also shows up as the name on all my high scores in Little Big Planet 2...). I want to deactivate "Crummyname" and start a new PSN account associated with "Jim-Bob." Can that be done?

Thanks!
  • You can but it won't transfer the scores you have on "Crummyname"- those will be tied to that name for good along with any trophies.

Just set up a new user in the Users menu then sign it up for PSN, exactly as you did originally. You will need to use a different e-mail address but other than that it's all the same. Just be sure to put your preferred name in the blank for what to display. Once signed up completely you can select this new user to be the one that automatically signs in when you fire up the system.
  • So there's no way to link "Jim-Bob" to a new account?
  • Like I explained, you will need to set up a new user and make the "Jim Bob" your display name (the one people see when you go online) when signing that user up for PSN. The user name doesn't have to match the display name.
  • Okay, thanks. I wasn't clear if I'd have to delete the existing "Jim-Bob" or not. Glad I didn't download anything yet...