Unable to obtain ip address
  • I have tried using both a wired and wireless connection tho both are under 2 different internet providers.
    The Wireless internet is 20mb sky connection which my dad uses for work and the wired is direct Ethernet connection from my modem into a 6-port hub then into my ps3, my ps3 used to work fine using both of these methods but recently had stopped working with either. i have tried several system restores, quick and full restores but did nothing.

Running out of ideas, any know the solution?
  • If you want to keep using the wired solution ditch the hub and get an actual router to go between your modem and the PS3. As for the wireless, may want to check if any changes were made to the settings with your dad's connection that may have started knocking you offline or possibly give his modem/ router a reboot.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    If you want to keep using the wired solution ditch the hub and get an actual router to go between your modem and the PS3. As for the wireless, may want to check if any changes were made to the settings with your dad's connection that may have started knocking you offline or possibly give his modem/ router a reboot.

The wired solution used to go through a router but i pretty sure (not positive) that once that router broke it stopped working by wire. I need the hub as i have a pc and a ps3 running through the 1 cable that is in my room.
    As for the wireless connection, i am limited to what i can do, my dad gives me to access to this as my dad needs if for his work, all i know is it has a static ip address.

Also under Status it now says (Private networks only