PS3: NAT type 2, but cannot connect to other players online
  • Hello there,

I have a NAT type 2 (moderate) on my PS3 but I cannot connect to any players online on my NBA2k11. So... I am always alone in the lobby and no one is connecting to me!

I tried enable DMZ, uPnP, and portfowarding but no luck.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

• Things like this usually come about because not quite all of the ports are opened. Double check your settings compared to the ports we have listed in the "Getting Your PS3 Online - Some Tips" thread near the top of this section.
  • Hello,
    I have double check my settings and I have the ports listed in the other thread. I have included a screenshot of it:

Can you think of any other reasons why I cannot connect to any players online?

Thanks a lot
  • Port 3479 should be UDP, not TCP. This may be affecting things.
  • Update: The connection seems to be much better when my PS3 is wired to the router with an ethernet cable.

So I guess wireless does not work well? But I have friends who use wireless and they can connect with other players perfectly.
  • The wireless is only as good as the connection between the PS3 and the router. If that isn't at its best (above 80% connection) you'll have a spotty connection at best. Best to stick with the wired.
  • My wireless signal to my PS3 is 100%, so I have no idea why wireless seems to be a problem when I'm trying to connect with other players online for online match.