What's This About A....
  • Ok mad.

Im waiting for a link.
  • It is going to be called psp (playstation portable). They are making it to compete with the GBA. Here are its specs:

Platform name: PSP
    Display: Wide screen (16:9) TFT LCD with backlight
    (480 x 272 dots)
    Disc medium: "UMD" 60mm optical secured ROM disc with cartridge (1.8GB)
    Video CODEC: MPEG4
    Graphics: 3D Polygon/NURBS
    Sound: PCM (built-in stereo speakers, stereo headphone output)
    I/O: USB 2.0, Memory Stick slot
    Battery: Rechargeable (lithium-ion)
  • There's no need to link since i have all the info on the new handheld in my news section. If you need me to find the stories for you then let me know. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.

But here's links to our coverage with the first link going into the spec list:

Full Spec List

PSP Details
  • So whats the cost of this baby! :pump:
  • They don't have a price currently setup but since they have said that they will be competing with Nintendo, my guess would be $99 but that's just a guess.

Oh, and another handheld to be in the market in October is the N-Gage from Nokia that will run $299 and will launch with titles from Sonic, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, Rayman 3, Ghost Recon, and about 15 others. Not only is it a gaming system though, it also features a digital music player (MP3/AAC), stereo FM radio, as well as a tri-band GSM 900/1800/1900 mobile phone.

Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • I heard that microsoft is coming out with one too is this true?
  • Microsoft was asked that very question at E3 and they said that at this time they have no plans for a handheld system but it may be something that they look into eventually. I think that if Sony has success in the market then MS won't be far behind on the wagon.

Also, Nintendo announced some new plans at E3. They unveiled 20 new colors at the Expo and said that they will eventually phase out the old GBA models and soon there will only be SPs available. As of right now there are only two colors available at retail and those are Platinum and Cobalt Blue but colors including black, white, red, and others may become available. Nintendo hasn't announced when the old models will be phased out or when the new color SPs will become available but you can be sure we'll cover the story as soon as it's announced.

Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.