Can't connect online to my PS3, Help?
  • Hi, I have been trying to get online for quite some time now. I have done various things too try and get online. Ive connected my ps3 too my cable modem and to my other modem, I haven't had any luck with anything so far. I have an Ethernet cable that I connect to my modem and then connect it to my PS3. I then get some DNS error but I'm not really sure what it means. Ive even changed my settings and tried it manual I changed my IP address and that doesn't seem to work either. When I try manually it says Searching for IP address (or whatever its suppose to say) and it says IP address has timed out. I'm not really sure if I'm doing this right. But I have been trying for many months now and looked online about everything but nothing seems to be helping at all. I think I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure what. Ive had many friends with PS3's that try and help me with this but they are as confused as I am as in why I am not able to get online. Further help would be much appreciated.

-Dizzyslapper
  • The DNS error you are getting is most likely from the system not quite being able to get the information it wants from the modem. The DNS servers it would need are the exact same ones your internet provider gives.

If you haven't yet, i would suggest picking up a router to share the connection between your PS3 and the computer. You'd then be able to make some of the suggested tweaks to get the system online.My personal preference for brands are Cysco (aka Linksys) and D-Link.