Please help!!!
  • Hello everyone.

I am new to this site, and am desperately looking for help, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.:confused:

I have been plaing Red Dead Redemption for about a year now online, and having a right good time, finallly getting to level 50! However, i went on yesterday to play online and a message came up saying I am "on NAt3 and will experince issues connecting with other players"

It has never said this before, has come totally out of the blue, and now i can't play online. I literally have no idea what a NAT is or what it does??

Can anyone tell me please why this has happened suddenly and how on earth i can get back online to shooting other cowboys??

Yours frustratedidly,

Wardroy.
  • Wardroy,

There could be several reasons for this, as well as a few different ways to fix it. However, lets start with the simplest and quickest way to see if you can correct this.

1. Turn off your PS3
    2. Turn off and unplug your router and modem, and wait 2 minutes.
    3. Plug in and turn on modem and wait 2 minutes
    4. Plug in and turn on router and wait 2 minutes.
    5. Restart your PS3 and run a Internet Connection Test and see what NAT type it gives you.

If this does not resolve the issue, get back to us and either myself or Lyndon will direct you to other possible solutions found here on the forums.
  • thanks for responding so quickly.

My next question will make me seem really daft now but....

We have a wireless router, so no modem. does that make any difference, do i simply just switch off the router.

I am a complete techno spcae cadet im afraid:huh:
  • Is yours a modem/router combo by chance?

If so, what brand is it.